Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one,

i own a 2007 FJ model, I brought it down here in Libreville (Gabon - Africa) where I live and work.

Lately, I have 4 warning lights that stays ON when I start the engine:

- "check" engine
- slip indicator light
- VSC OFF warning light
- VSC TRAC warning light

I don't really trust the car dealers here with the american models.

Is there anything I can do on my own?

ps: personal mail [email protected]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did they all start staying on at the same time or was it gradual over a given period?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
if there is a check engine light, the best bet would be to try to find a obdII reader and read the code or a scangauge or something similar, that would help narrow down what the problem is

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can try this,

tighten the gas cap, disconnect the battery for a few seconds. Disconnecting the battery should clear out the warning lights. But if its not a case of a loose gas cap, then they will come back on after awhile.

If its something like an O2 sensor (which will cause all those lights to come on), the lights will come back on after a few miles (or even about 200 miles).

or u could get a OBD-II code reader and try to find out whats going on. you can get them for around $30.00 + online.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Will he need the Canbus reader option on the scanner?
Also, it would be good to know the location of the diag connector in the FJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello again,

I thank each one of you 4 your interest in my pbs.

I'm going to try these suggestions and let u know!:wave:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a long time after the original, but for what it's worth, I had the same issue (all light on). Turned out that the wiring harness had been chewed on by chipmunks, which have taken over my yard. $1000 (mostly labor) to get it replaced at dealer. Not a great experience.

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
Hopefully you can get the codes to find out the real issue. If not clear them and see if they come back. If you see the

- slip indicator light
- VSC OFF warning light
- VSC TRAC warning light

lights again try a "zero point calibration" you can search here and google it to learn more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts