Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING!!!!!!--POSTING VIDEOS AND OR PICTURES OF YOUR RIG CAN BE DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR WARRANTY!!!
I'm sure there shouldn't be a need to post this but a fellow forum member was refused warranty work because the dealership had seen a You Tube video someone had posted of him in a deep muddy water crossing. Unfortunately this will take away from some of the fun pictures and videos we have available to us but be smart. Of course you can't pull the wool over there eyes on certain repairs but protect yourself from a self incriminating warranty violation. Just a little public service announcement.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He asked the dealer how they new it was him and they responded by saying" We saw you exit and stand by your vehicle after the event."

·
Registered
69 Posts
FJ owner: "how did you know it was me?"

Dealer: "we didn't but thanks for telling us that it was"

DENY, DENY, DENY.........and after they catch you red handed ...... say " PROVE IT"

:rofl:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Hmmm so the dealer is using this info to NOT cover warranty work. It sounds like another reason WHY THEY SHOULD STOP MARKETING THIS VEHICLE AS A 4X4 THEN.

COME ON!!!! STOP THE TRAIL TEAMS TOO! TOYOTA, You are FALSE ADVERTISING!!!! MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL FILE A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

:wave:

I've got my attorney already, do you?:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, but which won should I use? The one of Italian heritage, the one of Jewish descent, or the lovely female divorce attorney?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Thats BS, He sould bring it to another dealer and remove the youtube vid, it's that easy. Even so look at team Neccesary's rig and how they drive it in baja and taupo, and the dealer replaced the trans under warranty. As for my vid's I will keep posting them. I will Jedi mind trick a service writer with big words and attitude. Worked last week for me.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
if this helps, my service manager goes, and has been where i have been wheeling, and a few will agree that i even talked to him on my cb and he responded, let me know if you have any issues and i will take of that for you. everytime i go in for service he takes me back and shows me his mods on his rig.. so i think this is a little over done, and may spark another to do the same. i love my dealership they are awesome.. maybe it just depends on the guys attitude or his service managers shallowness. my 02:bandit:

i reply to this with no disreguard to you slither. just my experiences.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
if this helps, my service manager goes, and has been where i have been wheeling, and a few will agree that i even talked to him on my cb and he responded, let me know if you have any issues and i will take of that for you. everytime i go in for service he takes me back and shows me his mods on his rig.. so i think this is a little over done, and may spark another to do the same. i love my dealership they are awesome.. maybe it just depends on the guys attitude or his service managers shallowness. my 02:bandit:

i reply to this with no disreguard to you slither. just my experiences.
I just had my front left axle seal replaced and starter replaced no problem, no questions asked. So the dealership I deal with has been awesome. I was also sure to ask them they're stand on Mods to the rig. I actually had them pre-approve my Donahoe suspension. I simply told them I was replacing the suspension with a better product. No problem. They always asked how it has performed and if I've wheeled it. I guess you just can't publicly document the things that are above what would be called reasonable offroading, which I have yet to find a definition of. Just trying to bring to other forum members attention that something like this is possible. No offense taken.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Hmmm so the dealer is using this info to NOT cover warranty work. It sounds like another reason WHY THEY SHOULD STOP MARKETING THIS VEHICLE AS A 4X4 THEN.

COME ON!!!! STOP THE TRAIL TEAMS TOO! TOYOTA, You are FALSE ADVERTISING!!!! MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL FILE A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

:wave:

Amen. If they tried to pull that crap on me, I'd show them the magazine they keep in their own showroom of the FJ going through a frozen river, mud, rocks...

homedad will tell you how to do it... ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
so that explains why they wouldnt warrantee my wheel bearings. because they saw a video of some one else in a sun fusion fj off roading and going through water. NOW I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Again, I say, make them prove it. The burden of proof is on them not you. Innocent until proven guilty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts