Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had less than 5 miles on mine.

Bought a 4Runner once that was a dealer trade and it had 259 miles on it when delivered, the brakes squeeked forever. I think the DA porter who drove the trade left the emergency brake on while driving and it warpped the rotors.

I'd keep looking or have them knock about $2,500 dollars off. Or you can say your money has been taken for a test drive and $29,000 is really equal to $31,000.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
300 miles is a bit too much IMO for a new car. Mine had 10 or so. It was probably used as a demo vehicle....
Absolutely brand new should come with between 4-5 miles on the odo. 300 mi. isn't much, but at a minimum, I'd be asking for some freebies!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Is that a misprint? or typo? $6,000 sales tax? For how many FJ's?:cowfrown:

Heck I thought I lived in TAX HELL!:rawr:

Jerry
No misprint, no typo. Was 40K out the door. Tax of 15% equals 6K. So I gets a 40K FJ for 34K. Ya gots to love Canada.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
That's odd, since when registering and insuring it, DMV and your insurance carrier would know that it was used, not new, and thus so should you have known.
Not to mention the finance rates and all necessary paper work for the deal signing are different for new/used.
You SURE this ain't a fish story you cooked up?
The salesman sold it to me as a new vehical. Even tho I asked him why so many km's on it. My insurance company insured it as a new vehical. The Ministry of Transport(the equivolent of your DMV)registered it as a new vehical. So tell me. How would I know I was the second owner ? Also there was no finance rates. I paid for it in cash. The paper work I signed was for a new vehical. So, no this isn't a fish story I cooked up. Just a fishy salesman.:cowfrown:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I can back the $6k in tax...

I paid $35,999 for my FJ, but with tax it was $42k. Now I only pay 12% here in BC plus tire fee plus battery fee plus inspection blah blah blah so I got a pair of rock rails in there with my $6k.

Mine only had 8km, and if it had more than 20 I would have been pissed, but I ordered mine 6 months previous! If you walked in off the street and it has 300mi or so, I say don't sweat it. Get them to give you a free oil change NOW to get the manufacturing dirt and contaminates out. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Some cars are traded from other dealers. 300 miles. Thats no big deal...Come on!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have your buddies test drive the hell out of it until it reaches 500 miles than buy it used ;)
Or have them knock off some $$ for it, they'll do it if they want the sell (which they do)

·
Registered
16 Posts
they can sell the car as new as long as it has less than 6000 miles and has never been titled...just be sure the warranty adds whatever mileage is showing on the odometer. all this is according to Florida state laws.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I agree with FJoel, if I had ordered the car and it had miles on it...I would be unhappy. A car on the lot should be expected to have miles on it esp if it is something unique. They are there for test drives.

That said...I have gotten some pretty good deals on "lot cars" with 500-700 miles on them. I would go back and negotiate a bit:bigthumb:

Doc

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well, a virgin is still a virgin no matter how many times they've been to 3rd base.

But, you can still get an awful lot of action without sliding into home.

That being said, unless it was the FJ of my dreams, I would look elsewhere. The first few thousand miles are crucial to proper drivetrain break-in, and God only knows what was done to the thing in those 300 miles...especially if it was driven by a stealership employee.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts