Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From their site

Welcome to the Was hita Offroad Trails Web Site. The park is open to Dirt Bikes, ATV's, and 4x4's. We have miles of trails rated mild to difficult.

$10.00 Per Biker or ATV
$20.00 Per 4X4
Open 8:30 - 5:30, 7 Days a Week (from what we found out it never really closes)
Real Bathrooms
Free Camping

Wa****a MX
410 Thomas Road
Farmington MO 63640

Directions
Approximately 3.5 miles south of Farmington on Hwy 67 to Hwy H
Right on Hwy H 3/4 mile to Hwy AA
Right on Hwy AA 6 miles to Thomas Road
Left on Thomas Road to the bottom of hill
Look for Signs...

Trail Map

The map is OK but not at all accurate.. the trails are marked but pretty poorly. The owner and crew are working on marking all the trails and are contantly building and widening more trails.

The trails we took were tight and rocky but we all managed to get buy them with minimal damage.. I have a scraped up clamshell door and dent in it along with a bent lower rear shock mount washer. Patrick has a busted Tail light and Paul has a bent skidplate.. other than that i dont think there is any more damage.

Im a tree hugger... first battle wound.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Great pics! thanks for sharing, it's nice to see man and the Fj in their natural elements,lol

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
That was an awesome time had by all! We need to get some more FJ's together and head back. Here are some more photos.

·
Registered
356 Posts
ok, here are some more pics

And you'll notice the lack of tail light...

and I fixed her booboo with duct tape, cause you know if you can't duct it... (and yes that is a band aid)

·
Registered
7 Posts
That place looks awesome. I am need to hit up the trails there.
Let me know if you guys decide to go again.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh well for sure go again.. you need to make sure you have a lift and some trail armor though.. i would say skids and sliders are a very good idea.. even though none of us had skids.. next time i go i will deff have some armor on the rig.

·
Registered
356 Posts
oh well for sure go again.. you need to make sure you have a lift and some trail armor though.. i would say skids and sliders are a very good idea.. even though none of us had skids.. next time i go i will deff have some armor on the rig.

I ordered all-pro Ultimate lower links and the lower link skids. I had some damage on those. nothing at all to be concerned about, just wanted to buy the beefier stuff:clap:

I can't decide on skids... have to see what works best with an expedition one bumper

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Hey i just checked mine and apparently i bashed the mounts up pretty good. I think i'll be getting a set of those link skids too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So how would a stock 4x4 with diff. lock, and a- hold up out there? I've never done any off roading and would love to learn, I just don't want to get in over my head. What would I need to be able to handle a place like that?

Thx

Jason.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So how would a stock 4x4 with diff. lock, and a- hold up out there? I've never done any off roading and would love to learn, I just don't want to get in over my head. What would I need to be able to handle a place like that?

Thx

Jason.
hmm i think you could do it.. but you would get some undercarriage damage for sure. I say a 3" lift sliders and skid plates would be ideal. none of us have skid plates and we did ok.. i would say shock mount skids and stronger rear lower links would also be wanted. before i go back back there next time i will have all above..

·
Registered
356 Posts
yeah, without a lift and without sliders.... oh man it just hurts thinking about it

however it could be done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts