Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So continually driving around Tulsa seeing a wide variety of modded FJ's. Trying to figure out who's who.

Members I know are here in Tulsa:
Cmw7373
FS 2000
T Town FJ
Heins 57

Members in Green Country
FJROHRS Bville

I wave to all I see, with a rare wave back. Would like to know who I'm waving at.

Saw a brick with brick roof, snorkeled, northbound on 75 at 8:30 this morning. Was it you?

For reference, though not overly recognizable, here's what I'm in.

Delancy

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't been out of Bville much with mine since I've been back. Hoping to meet up with some folks in July or August. Anyone going to the summit from the above group?
For some reason you were the first that came to mind when I saw red rig, this morning. I remembered a "snorkled, long travel" post from a while back, but couldn't remember color.

I won't be able to attend Summit, this year, but in on any local happenings.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Well this is me. :wave: I try to but most people look at me like I am crazy :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is me. :wave: I try to but most people look at me like I am crazy :lol:
Me, too. I thought there was some exclusivity to FJ's, but most look at me like I'm nuts, which I am, but...

Check your inbox. Pm sent on roof rack.

There's three accounted for. Has to be more here than even listed.

I know FS2000 has a black rig that should stand out in the crowd, as well.

There's pics of T Town's FJ on a Chandler Park thread somewhere, but not sure if he's back in town yet. He'd stand out, as well.

Delancy

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I checked and there isn't anything new in there? Thanks again though!

Has anyone here installed there own lift? I am this next week and was wondering if anyone has any tips? its the rough country 3'' series II 2.2 perf. shocks

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Never mind I just now got the notification.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey gents, another fellow Okie here. My folks live down in Stroud, so I get back there from time to time. When I'm home I will keep my eyes peeled for the Modded FJs.

How are the prices of them down there? The ones I've seen via the internet, seem a bit higher than other places around the country.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey gents, another fellow Okie here. My folks live down in Stroud, so I get back there from time to time. When I'm home I will keep my eyes peeled for the Modded FJs.

How are the prices of them down there? The ones I've seen via the internet, seem a bit higher than other places around the country.
Considering that every other car is an FJ, prices are in line with demand. I can't reference it, but there's a link to a couple of FJ's sitting on local dealers lot, that appear to be in line, yet the preowned all seems to be $25,500 for anything with less than 50k and 4x4.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I checked and there isn't anything new in there? Thanks again though!

Has anyone here installed there own lift? I am this next week and was wondering if anyone has any tips? its the rough country 3'' series II 2.2 perf. shocks
I've done a couple coilover lifts and need to redo my rear end but shouldn't be too bad. Give it a weekend with a buddy or two and the correct tools. If there is anything that requires a spring compressor have a shop do it to save your bones/life. Not from personal experience but those are some huge forces.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done a couple coilover lifts and need to redo my rear end but shouldn't be too bad. Give it a weekend with a buddy or two and the correct tools. If there is anything that requires a spring compressor have a shop do it to save your bones/life. Not from personal experience but those are some huge forces.
cmw7373 has standing offer of assistance from me.

Have front coilovers, front UCA's, rears, rear springs, and a long list of to do's on mine.

What goes around comes around, so if I can be of assistance to any locals, give me a shout.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey all! I'm back in town now so I'll be sure to wave if I spot anyone. My schedule has finally started to level out so maybe I'll be able to hit the trails again soon. I know Chris has shown interest in this and if we find a few others we'll definitely have to do a run. I've been meaning to start a thread for a while now, maybe I'll get around to it this weekend, haha. As for anyone needing help with anything in the Tulsa area I'd love to do what I can, just let me know!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh, and more on topic, does anyone know who owns a black FJ with a lift, after market front bumper, larger tires and a front license plate that says MOVE?

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, and more on topic, does anyone know who owns a black FJ with a lift, after market front bumper, larger tires and a front license plate that says MOVE?
Midtown area? Not sure about the "Move" tag, but FS2000 described his rig as "black, line x roof and hood, bumpers, bought with wheels tires and lift". I think his exact words were, "couldn't miss it".

·
Registered
196 Posts
Midtown, yes. Brookside to be exact. And now that you mention it I believe I saw that exact FJ you described a while ago around there too. They may be one and the same since I barely caught a glimpse of the second one.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Midtown, yes. Brookside to be exact. And now that you mention it I believe I saw that exact FJ you described a while ago around there too. They may be one and the same since I barely caught a glimpse of the second one.
Received PM from FS2000. Description matches, area matches. Bet it's him. Hope he'll chime in. My normal haunts are general south side, but not hard to miss, either.

cmw7373 is Voodoo Blue. He's south side, also.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dropping my daughter off at Loughridge, and saw Brick lifted, with badges.

Anyone claim?

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Ya had my first go around with the whole "lift" experience..... It really ticks me off that on the rough country web site it clearly states NO spring or strut compressor needed! Well that is some BS:cowfrown: for sure. we pulled the whole front end apart and pulled one of the springs, put the new stuff on and NOPE we could not do it. We needed a STRUT COMPRESSOR :flame: ...so we put it all back together (do to lack of time) and I'm now trying to find another date to lift haha... sorry for the rant but I don't understand why the site says that.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Feeling like a stooge, continually waving.

Passed SiTi with ARB and Lightbar at 101st and Mingo, not sure who, but solidified the stupid feeling.

Have more Jeeps give a heads up my way, than FJ's.

I guess the exclusivity of ownership only exists here, so if I pass one of y'all, without acknowledgement, my apologies.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts