Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

321 - 340 of 363 Posts

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
I really wanted to take advantage of this very nicely engineered modification (and I am a big fan of Shrockworks, and Justin is the bomb), but I had this voice screaming at me telling me that the Dirty Parts auxiliary battery was more important for what I want to do with my FJ. Wish I could have both. Nice job to all involved on this great new mod.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm still waiting too in Georgia.... Patiently lol but seeing these other ones installed makes it hard to be patient lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
I received mine today. Took a little over an hour to put in. Gotta say awesome work. Very happy I got in on this group buy. Looks like its factory sitting in there. It's a very easy install. I have big hands so it made it a little harder but what made it easier is using a magnet stick/extension to get the nuts started on the reservoir. Again awesome work/product. Oh and the shrockworks sticker made it even better. :rocker:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Got mine today, now I'm just waiting for my bumper to be done so I can do a simultaneous install!

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Very happy to hear of all the successful installs! It is such a cool thing to see them installed on peoples rigs.

I was having cold sweats that the brackets / holes would be way off from truck to truck, but Toyota seems to be pretty good about accurate panel placement. I tried to build in as much adjustability as possible, and it sounds like so far so good.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Just landed in TX! Thank you lzalusky for all the great work! I can't wait to get this thing in. I'm feeling a bit under the weather… not sure if I can make it in to work tomorrow! cough cough...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
These tanks are top notch! Thanks to all involved for a perfect GB from start to finish! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
680 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
For you guys saying that the removal was easy, you must have tiny hands! It took me for ever to thread the power lines, and I busted one super stubborn clip in the wheel well. But, eventually, I got everything back together and the actual install only took 15 minutes. Everything works and looks great!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Got mine today. Was going to wait to install when I get a new bumper, but it's hard to have this sit on the shelf....Great GB!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine just arrived! Looks great will install tomorrow and post a pic!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I couldn't wait to buy a bumper so went a head and installed.

Took the entire bumper off, call it practicing when I do buy a new one. Pretty easy to remove once you know where the clips (what kind) and screws are.

Hardest part was removing the darn OEM tank. One bolt is way up in there and had to pull some of the plastic fender well to get to it.

Install was easy and fit is perfect. What a feeling when you try it out for the first time and it works!

Heading back into the garage with a beer to put the bumper back on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got mine installed and it's true hardest part was removing the old one! The install took about an hour the old one though took about an hour plus to remove haha

Great job I love it! Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Put mine in two days ago. Very nice fit and finish. Only one nut was a pita but was still doable for a "not much of a mechanic" like me.
Thanks.

321 - 340 of 363 Posts