Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

341 - 360 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I finally got around to installing this nice piece of equipment....was pretty easy to do....especially with an aftermarket bumper! FYI...as my picture shows...a soccer cone makes a perfect funnel...I drained the fluid into a big bucket and when it came time to fill the tank I looked down in the corner of the garage and saw my kids' stack of soccer cones and thought that looks about the same size.... As it turns out, it fit like it was made for it...nice and snug around the throat!

Some mistakes I made....when installing the pumps into the new tank....make sure you remove the rubber grommets from the pump before trying to insert them...I don't know what I was thinking...wasted a half hour trying to stuff them into the hole with the pump attached...luckily I did not break anything...

Next was the fender well...I broke one of the plastic clips...the one closest to the engine...I think when I was trying to remove the tank. That was a fun wrestling event! I ended up taking a short screw and driving it right up the middle of the clip and it fit perfectly! Seems nice and snug...hopefully it does not fall out and puncture my tire while cruising down the highway tomorrow....

I tested everything when I was finished and all works as it should...VERY HAPPY with this! I no longer have a little boob sticking down in front of my passenger front tire!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
...I don't know what I was thinking...wasted a half hour trying to stuff them into the hole with the pump attached...luckily I did not break !

Lube recommended except when the pump is much smaller than the hole

Sent from an undisclosed location

·
Premium Member
919 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I noticed the group buy was closed so I checked shrockworks website but don't see it listed. How can the item be ordered and what is the new price?

·
Premium Member
889 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just placed an order on line at ShockWorks last week. I got an invoice at checkout but no email confirmation or expected delivery. I guess these must take some time, anyone purchase online after the group buy and how long did it take. Thanks, JC

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Just placed an order on line at ShockWorks last week. I got an invoice at checkout but no email confirmation or expected delivery. I guess these must take some time, anyone purchase online after the group buy and how long did it take. Thanks, JC
We usually take care of them within a couple days. Typical routine at the moment is we'll cut a check and send it with a shipping label to lzaluski, where he packs it up and sends the kit to you.

We're getting to the bottom of the barrel on this first run, so we might change things up a bit to make the process a bit speedier on the next run.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow... I just finished installing this amazing product; must say, the design is great and the instructions made the install process very easy! Thanks for such a great purchase and install experience. :rocker:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Installed mine over the 4th of July weekend when I put my Demello Evil Eye on. Install was easy and straight forward, instructions were good. Very happy with the kit.

Dropped one of the 4 tank mounting nuts. What size are they? I still need to get a replacement.
That should be one of the M6 Flange Nuts, but I'm not certain on the thread pitch. I'm sure @lzalusky can help out though...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Installed mine over the 4th of July weekend when I put my Demello Evil Eye on. Install was easy and straight forward, instructions were good. Very happy with the kit.

Dropped one of the 4 tank mounting nuts. What size are they? I still need to get a replacement.

Lemme guess...was it the nut closest to the fender and firewall?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah, got it on and off twice by hand no problem. Dropped it the third time....
I bought $20 worth of tools just to be able to reach and tighten that one. Good excuse to go to Lowes!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I bought $20 worth of tools just to be able to reach and tighten that one. Good excuse to go to Lowes!
Well I had the tools, I was just able to reach around the tank and drop the nut on the stud. Then a long 1/4" extension and ratched did the work. It just cleared the hood strut mount and strut.
Third time though I knocked it off the stud with the ratchet.

But you're right - Another trip to Lowes! (and I've been 4 times already this week gathering hardware for my roof rack build) :grin

·
Registered
23 Posts
What I learned in doing mine . First if you have a stock bumper you do have to remove it to get to the wiring harness. I understand there was some confusion in this regard. Second, if you remove the aircleaner first, you can easily get to the fender liner screw grommets that otherwise can easily be damaged in taking out the old reservoir. You will have to remove the aircleaner anyway if you are using ShrockWorks Dual Battery Kit so I learned the hard way to do this first.

341 - 360 of 363 Posts