Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dam this thing sucks to wash ..lol..funny the car that needs it the most washing is the hardest to clean ..so many nooks and cranys .:boohoo:.i gave the old girl a good detail today .:rocker:.on a positive note :i was able to rember different trips with the different colors of dirt that came out from all the hidden places ..turned out to be a pretty cool day of washing and memories of crusin with buddys ..:cheers:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It's bad, but not nearly as bad as the '02-'03 Avalanche with Cladding....and black no less. Seems like I was perpetually cleaning it and trying to find ways to rejuvenate the d--n plastic.

I like to get dirty, but I run a detail business too. Clean cars make business.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i was laughing and *****ing the same time ..lol..my wife washed my fj a few weeks back (very sweet of her ..lol..)and well as nice as that was she said she would never wash it agin..lol..:rofl:

·
Registered
560 Posts
It's bad, but not nearly as bad as the '02-'03 Avalanche with Cladding....and black no less. Seems like I was perpetually cleaning it and trying to find ways to rejuvenate the d--n plastic.

I like to get dirty, but I run a detail business too. Clean cars make business.
I've got an 02 Av and I painted the cladding that way it doesn't fade. Cleaning it is easy I never have any issues and I even use it on the trails.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
dam this thing sucks to wash ..lol..funny the car that needs it the most washing is the hardest to clean ..so many nooks and cranys .:boohoo:.i gave the old girl a good detail today .:rocker:.on a positive note :i was able to rember different trips with the different colors of dirt that came out from all the hidden places ..turned out to be a pretty cool day of washing and memories of crusin with buddys ..:cheers:
I just did the same...three trips in the last two months and I finally decided to clean her properly. :lol: The one place I didn't expect to find so much hidden mud and dirt was the plastic fuel tank pan!!! My gawd It had every color and texture of every place I ever wheeled :lol: I noticed that the boxed frame can get all filled in all the holes. Maybe my mpg will increase with the loss of all this weight!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just did the same...three trips in the last two months and I finally decided to clean her properly. :lol: The one place I didn't expect to find so much hidden mud and dirt was the plastic fuel tank pan!!! My gawd It had every color and texture of every place I ever wheeled :lol: I noticed that the boxed frame can get all filled in all the holes. Maybe my mpg will increase with the loss of all this weight!
lol..thats funny ..i think i need more dirt from all over ..moab dirt ..lol..so i can complain more ..ha ha :lol:glad ya got what i was getting at ..does suck to wash but was cool to see the different colors of dirt ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts