Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is around DC, do you know of any dealers with a clue? Everyone I've called (including the dealer where I put my name [#1, thank you very much] down for an Fj last February) has no clue about options packages and/or a release date.

Other dealers said they haven't even begun a wait list. This is honestly difficult to understand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm down in Virginia Beach and I've placed $1000 down to reserve one of these things. I was first on the list at Charles Barker Toyota. You might want to give them a ring........757-437-4000.

·
Registered
19 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FE- 50 State Emmissions
CQ- Convenience Package
GY- Side Curtain airbags
UP- Upgrade package #1( SOORY NO LIST OF EQUIP YET)
UR- Upgrade package #2( "" )
AL-17" Aluminum Wheels w/Spare
DL-Rear Differential locks
RB- Running Boards

PAINT CODES

02JR-WHITE/TITANIUM MET.
02JT-WHITE/BLACKCHERRY PEARL
02JU-WHITE/SUN FUSION
02JV-WHITE/VOODOO BLUE
02JW-WHITE/BLACK DIAMOND

MODEL CODES

4702 - FJ 4X2 WAGON (AUTO)
4703 - FJ 4X4 WAGON (6SPD MAN)
4704 - FJ 4X4 WAGON ( 5spd AUTO)
No shown opption for 4x2 manuall transmission in this region

I sent this out in Nov, I work at a dealer in Richmond. What information do you want?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hope this helps:
FJ OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
CQ PKG INCLUDES:
-lamps on outside mirrors
-daytime running lights
-back sonar
-rear privacy glass

DL: REAR DIFFERENTIAL LOCKS

GY: CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS

RB: RUNNING BOARDS

UP: UPGRADE PKG #1 INCLUDES:
- requires CQ
- AL: 17" alloys
- active traction VSC
- DL: differential locks
- am/fm/cd 8 speaker
UR UPGRADE PKG#2 INCLUDES:
-UP and adds a rear wall mounted subwoofer

This is the follow up to that post, under d Dealers in Va can now preference FJCruisers

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. but i don't understand how i can call the dealership and tell them what options i want when they hardly know what car i'm talking about. i wish each dealer had an "FJ guy"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Call the dealer you want to purchase from. Ask for a salesmanger, (they can get the vehicle ordered but probably don't know jack about the product), tell him/her that you know they can now preference an FJCruiser on Dealer Daily. That is Central Atlantic Toyotas internal network. Have them preference the car the waty you want with the agreement that you will not pay over MSRP.The MSRP comes from the factory so you will be able to check your price against it when the vehicle comes in. Before the car arrives pricing will be announced so you will know how much you are looking at before it commes in.
If you want any other help email me at [email protected] or call 800 586 9682 and ask for me. I will help you as much as I can, but I do not use this site to drum up buisness, I use it to collect information that Toyota does not provide. They will give little to no training until the vehicle is released. I have been with Toyota 10 years and have owned 2 4Runners and several Toyota Demos so I know something about them, and yes I use the 4WD, usually on the beach but I do some trail exploring as well.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
YB2ND said:
Call the dealer you want to purchase from. Ask for a salesmanger, (they can get the vehicle ordered but probably don't know jack about the product), tell him/her that you know they can now preference an FJCruiser on Dealer Daily. That is Central Atlantic Toyotas internal network. Have them preference the car the waty you want with the agreement that you will not pay over MSRP.The MSRP comes from the factory so you will be able to check your price against it when the vehicle comes in. Before the car arrives pricing will be announced so you will know how much you are looking at before it commes in.
If you want any other help email me at [email protected] or call 800 586 9682 and ask for me. I will help you as much as I can, but I do not use this site to drum up buisness, I use it to collect information that Toyota does not provide. They will give little to no training until the vehicle is released. I have been with Toyota 10 years and have owned 2 4Runners and several Toyota Demos so I know something about them, and yes I use the 4WD, usually on the beach but I do some trail exploring as well.

holy **** - an upfront salesguy. i swear i cannot find not a one in the sf bay area. they're all ignorant, but wont admit it and instead give me a sales pitch for things they know nothing about - or get real defensive. so im not on any waiting lists or anything round here solely because there's not one that i trust.

you have any contacts on the wrong coast?

·
Registered
19 Posts
air said:
thank you so much. what do we tell them if we want to get the special edition?

Because the Special Edition will not arrive until summer, asked to be put on a list for that specific vehicle. Dealers cannot preference that at this time. Harrass that dealer constantly until you know yours is on the way, or hope that they give it to someoneto manage who will be at the dealership 7 months from now to follow up on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts