Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got water damage on my ecu and now it won't shift into overdrive. The dealership says i need a new ecu for 1088$. My question is can a replace my 2010 ecu from an earlier model such as an 07? or is the 2007 fj ecu not compatible with the 2010 model?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I would think a 2007 and 2010 ecu wont work, they have different engines so in turn different ecu needs. So I would assume different ecu's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
no they are not interchangable .....however if you can take the ecu apart i used to resoilder honda computer board connections because of floods ....they were in the passenger floor board ...... and they used to work like new and come in with no start on tow trucks . i would see if it comes apart and if it does look for a rusty soildering joint ...thats usually where it is ....but that was honda never replaced or tried to take apart a toyota computer .

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
So i got water damage on my ecu and now it won't shift into overdrive. The dealership says i need a new ecu for 1088$. My question is can a replace my 2010 ecu from an earlier model such as an 07? or is the 2007 fj ecu not compatible with the 2010 model?
Are you sure it is the main ECU? If you were in water that deep it may be a sensor shorted out. What else are you experiencing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts