Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a water filter solution that I have had the opportunity to use as well as see a few of my friends make a difference where clean water is in issue. Thought you might appreciate... Oh and I do not work for or have anything to do with the manufacture. The unit in the picture sells for $50.00 and they say up to 200 gallons a day which is there "Community" Filter. They have a "Family" Version which is $20.00. I have not used the smaller version yet. I am going to be taking 20 of them down to Central America in May to help out. They are for sale at Waves for Water

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've backpacked and canoed over a 1000 miles and when weight is an issue a .25 micron sediment filter and AuqaMira drops is where its at, safer and more effective than any portable filter.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Steri-Pen. Of course, I'm only doing a Nalgene bottle's worth at a time. But it works great - I've never had any problems. You will need a filter to use with it though. The Steri-Pen is light, small, and easy to backpack with. It'll kill all the bad stuff in your water.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Steri-Pen. Of course, I'm only doing a Nalgene bottle's worth at a time. But it works great - I've never had any problems. You will need a filter to use with it though. The Steri-Pen is light, small, and easy to backpack with. It'll kill all the bad stuff in your water.
X2! Solar recharger,too!:rocker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts