Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked has anyone tried a Water Injection set up on a FJC I have read some about it and from what I can tell it would let you run regular gas with out problems and give you the same performance.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Wouldn't do it on my FJ. I run regular (87) octane all the time if that's what you mean by regular with no problems. These fuel increase gizmo's are a scam and money suck on your wallet.:simmadown:

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Water injection has been around for a long long time, since WWII at least when they used to inject water into supercharged fighter plane engines. J.C. Whitney used to sell kits for it. :lol: If it was really worth the hassle for a normally-aspirated car/truck engine, it would have been standard equipment long ago. Don't waste your time and money.

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
Agreed, all normally aspirated FJ's can handle RUL so there's no need to run water injection. Even if your FJ was Supercharged, I'd still run PUL with or w/o H2O injection.

DEWFPO

·
Banned
274 Posts
On my old boys original FJ Land Cruiser (yes late 70's!) he ran water injection on it and had nice gains in power and a big saving in fuel consumption.

I use water injection on many applications.

I'll be using it on my own FJC when it arrives, but mostly cause it will be turbocharged :wave:

If you want to learn about water injection this is a great resource with lots of knowledge on the topic > waterinjection.info - Powered by vBulletin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts