Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a couple of other posts from people who had leaking problems after heavy rain.

I'm having some serious ones.

I had the roof painted black, so immediately I thought the body shop pulled something and didn't seal it correctly when they reinstalled. They claim they didn't touch any of the bolts.

I had my stock roof rack removed so I called the dealership who did the removal and asked what the dilly-yo was. They advised that there isn't any silicone or anything on the new bald-FJ bolts.

Anyone know anything?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
havent from the roof, straight down so to speak..but.. have had mine the shop twice, for a leak at the roof where it meets the glass..they replaced the seal, it happend again. went back to the dealership, they kept it a day, "water tested" the windshield, and came up with nothing..so, that is strike 2..i dont think i wil be very nice if i have to go back. has anyone had this happen?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I had my stock roof rack removed so I called the dealership who did the removal and asked what the dilly-yo was. They advised that there isn't any silicone or anything on the new bald-FJ bolts.

Anyone know anything?
the roof rack bolts have cup washers with rubber in them that if installed wrong or not installed at all, woluld be a prime suspect for leaking, just as a safety precaution, I got a tube of clear RTV and sealed around the bolts threads, you may want to do this, it's an easy thing to do for leak insurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts