Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

First--I did a search on this subject, but couldn't find any information...

I would like to know what other FJ owners are using to wax their OEM roof racks. The roof rack is textured black paint and I am concerned that I'll leave wax residue in the textured areas of the rack.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you--

NWFJ

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I wouldn't wax it. If it's getting dull either use a spray wax, so it won't leave a residue, or armor all or something along those lines would work too. :cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
wax on...wax off.... wax on.... wax off ....wax on.... wax off.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

be careful its tubes ...if you to to much neighbors gonna think you jer*** off you truck ....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I have been using 303 Aerospace Protectant on mine for 3 years and it looks brand new still. Key is to wipe on and then turn towel and continue wiping as to not leave too much on. It leaves a deep black but no greasy shine. It has UV protection in it as well. IMO Armor All the company should be shut down! Their products leave a nasty slimy mess.

303 Products - Aerospace Protectant, High Tech Fabric Guard - World's Leading Automotive Care Products

Works great on the plastic trim pieces also. Not too much, and a few wipes with the dry side of the towel.

·
Registered
832 Posts
wax on...wax off.... wax on.... wax off ....wax on.... wax off.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

be careful its tubes ...if you to to much neighbors gonna think you jer*** off you truck ....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
lmao!:cheers:I didn't know anyone waxed their roof rack.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Well played--- Stroke......... Stroke ......... Stroke...........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

Hahah, this happened to me and my friend when we were waiting for a smoothie in borders. The guy got a little to into cleaning the mixer and started day dreaming i think :rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts