Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have already discovered this...I've had the annoying white wax residue on many of the black plastic bits for quite some time, never finding anything that would remove it...till today, WD40 did the trick, it also made the faded powdercoat on the roof rack and rails look new again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes it does but I wouldn't reccomend it for normal use.

Dish soap and water will remove it but it will also strip the wax on the paint

You can use "Bike Spirits" for detailing and waxing your rig ! awesome shine and protection made for detailing and road grime removal and waxing without the white residue from paste waxes.....you can use it on everything, windshields, pal,stic, exterior, chrome....everything and the shine is amazing !
You can get it at and motorcycle shop/dealer...comes in a spray can...
Highly recommend ! Another one is called "Race Glaze"....spray bottle and also awesome shine and protection.....again, use it on everything !!!

These are all I use on my vehicles and they look sweeet when you're finished !

rhoppe

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
a detailers secret ....peanut butter. the oils also help renew black plastic, and remove the white residue

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I've had this same problem & have not found anything that totally removes it. I'll need to try the plumbers putty. Even with the WD-40, it returns after awhile. I've been using tire foam, I spray it into a rag & use it like armor all. I just tried the "Back to Black" the last clean up before winter & it gives basically the same results as the tire shine. Don't know how long it lasts, winter came...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Please try this: I found this stuff when I owned a MINI. "Black Wow" Its hyped up alot on the websites and I was leery about spending 20 bucks for a tiny bottle. Well its the absolutely best thing ive ever seen for plastic. It will bring it right back to the perfect factory fresh look. I know it sounds like bs but its awesome stuff. And if you follow the directions (use a tiny tiny bit) it lasts a long time. The bottle has lasted three years. I found a couple images. You will not be disappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just another update on the above posts..
I bought some used (mint) oem running boards today and they had been in some guys basement for years. So i broke out the Black Wow.
See below for before and after..

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts