Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

321 - 340 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I find it annoying that I get logged off at what seems random times. Doesn’t seem to happen on my laptop, but my iPad and iPhone will log me off if I switch to another app even just briefly. It happens about half the time and I haven’t been able to figure out the pattern

I’d it an iOS thing?

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
I find it annoying that I get logged off at what seems random times. Doesn’t seem to happen on my laptop, but my iPad and iPhone will log me off if I switch to another app even just briefly. It happens about half the time and I haven’t been able to figure out the pattern

I’d it an iOS thing?
I use my wife's iPad for the forum when we are on the road. I have 'keep me logged in' checked but I still have to logon each time. The PC keeps me logged in. Probably iOS.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Not sure if this was mentioned somewhere in this thread previously, and the various people who log in as "Administrator" have already indicated that this functionality is now absent.

In the past, whenever one "Subscribes" to a thread (and chooses whether or not to receive eMail Notifications), one could categorize them into distinct folders. For instance - after subscribing, I could save a thread under "Suspension" or "Transmission" or "Wheels and Tires," which were Folders I had created.

Now, all of my neatly - categorized threads (a great many!) are all lumped under a generic heading called "Following," with no sorting whatsoever.

To me, that's the one thing which really blows.

·
トヨタ Master
6,351 Posts
Not sure if this was mentioned somewhere in this thread previously, and the various people who log in as "Administrator" have already indicated that this functionality is now absent.

In the past, whenever one "Subscribes" to a thread (and chooses whether or not to receive eMail Notifications), one could categorize them into distinct folders. For instance - after subscribing, I could save a thread under "Suspension" or "Transmission" or "Wheels and Tires," which were Folders I had created.

Now, all of my neatly - categorized threads (a great many!) are all lumped under a generic heading called "Following," with no sorting whatsoever.

To me, that's the one thing which really blows.
Mine has always done that so no change for me.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just another data point; I Use both my desktop and phone to access the site. On iOS I’ve logged in just once since the switch. On the desktop (Firefox on Mac) I usually stay logged in as well, though I’ve logged out a few times when fiddling with stuff.
Not sure what’s different about my setup.

·
Registered
521 Posts

I’d it an iOS thing?
Is anyone looking into this? It’s only gotten worse since the last time I asked about it. 😡

I now get only a couple of minutes before it logs me off and reloads the page. This happens while I’m actively browsing the site.

It’s unusable in its current form 😵

·
Admin
6,863 Posts
FYI:

We (mods and myself) no longer have the ability to create subforums / modify forums, and change usernames or email addresses and other typical stuff we were able to accomplish prior to the new forum format.

If there is anything you require beyond minor cleanup of a thread or post or a simple password reset.... you will need to PM the user @Administrator

I apologize for the inconvenience and subsequent longer wait times to have things resolved.

🍻

·
Registered
521 Posts
I now get only a couple of minutes before it logs me off and reloads the page. This happens while I’m actively browsing the site.

It’s unusable in its current form 😵
Looks like something was done that may have corrected the problem. I also rebooted my phone, so it may all have been my personal drama 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Is the survey that's popping up today real?

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Looks like I missed my chance, the survey doesn't popup now. That or you are all f'd by the scammers devilgrin.jpg

·
A-Team Moderator
8,942 Posts
WARNING: Keep the BS comments out of here. How do you expect us or them to sift/filter through all it to help?

You few have a really bad habit of thread crapping on a lot of threads, taking them totally off topic and it needs to STOP. There's plenty of OFF OFF TOPIC threads for this.

Per the rules, if you have nothing constructive offer, than move on.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
11,768 Posts
Please eliminate the Push Notification window. Tired of clicking No, do not want the push.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,942 Posts
Please eliminate the Push Notification window. Tired of clicking No, do not want the push.
Have tried turning it off in your account settings?

Preferences

Push notifications
Enable push notifications
Enabling push notifications requires a supported device. Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.
  • Receive push notification when a new conversation message is received

·
Admin
6,863 Posts
I selected "No" and haven't gotten the notification again.

·
Premium Member
11,768 Posts
Its telling me I can enable push notifications feature if I want - I don't.

321 - 340 of 351 Posts