Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fjcruiser Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Fjcruiserforums.com will be migrated to our new platform on Thursday, October 24th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support

·
Registered
144 Posts
:smile

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
will we be able to post more than 5 pics per post? :smile
I can show you how!

Attach the desired pics (only lets me do about 3 at a time however)
Click upload
Once uploaded, close pop out window.
Scroll down to Manage Attachments button.
Upload more

Yes its a little clunky.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
FJC Forums.jpg
Oops how'd that get in here?

·
Admin
6,503 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Will our log on passwords remain the same. I have way to many to remember now. Oh sorry after reading this again I see that question was already answered.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
In my lifetime I've had to cope with all these technological advances:
• Rotary Dial Phones with Party Lines to Smart Phones that take photos, play games, and connect to everything
• Listening to music meant singers and instruments were a blend of quality and harmony to amplification that means you cannot talk and be heard by the person next to you, and you’ll never be able to discern the quality of music
• Paper Money (and coins) to Credit & Debit Cards (places that used to prefer cash now don’t accept cash, what’s happening to us)
• Long Hand Division to Hand-Held Calculators to Nested Complex Calculations performed on Personal Computers (with Quantum computing on the horizon)
• Cars that had windows down for air conditioning to Cars that drive themselves and alert you to everything via annoying beeps, and many that need a cord to power up
• Getting free road maps at the Service Station for finding your way to a GPS that talks to you (mostly the saying the phrase “recalculating”)
• Watching movies at the theater where film breakage and splicing were common to downloading movies, shows, and broadcasts on your personal device
• Holding the rabbit ears antenna so Dad could watch Friday Boxing to Satellite transmitting everything, with more advertising and cost for cable
• Reading Newspapers to learn current events to seeing the daily/weekly rag that feature local advertisements (printed matter is outdated by the time you acquire it)
• Retail stores that no longer exist or failing out of existence to having one mega-firm that begins with the letter “A” (now the primary, or only, way to purchase many items)
• Prices of goods tagged on the item to learning what the price is after it’s scanned (maybe spelled it should be spelled scammed)
• Cooking on the stove or in the oven to zapping your food in a microwave (but you better not use a metal pan or leave a spoon in it during the process)
• Tossing coins or tokens to drive on a toll road to receiving a bill if you drove on an out-of-state toll road that didn’t have collection booths
• Using a typewriter for submitting reports to sending paperless information (paper version was useful for the recipient to make notes during evaluation, but does anyone read the paperless stuff?) The paperless stuff is mostly sent to many recipients, each assuming the other read it
• Film cameras required people to plan / envision their shots (film & development were expense) to digital cameras where everyone snaps photos indiscriminately (the art of photography has been sacrificed, for the most part)
• Walking, jogging, or exercising used to be a time of solitude and reflection to making sure your phone is programmed and earbuds inserted to block out any natural sounds during physical conditioning
• Air Flights used to be enjoyable, include a meal, blanket or pillow if requested, and free luggage to (well you know where I’m going with this)

And now, FJCruiserForums is upgrading their website! Horrors, I don’t know whether I’m ready for this. This may be the technical straw that broke the camel’s back.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I'm running out of empty brain cells, :eek:ld: At least functional ones :wink

I'll find a way to make the adjustment.. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.