Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,759 Posts
Hope admins keep a close eye on the transition.

Another site died a lingering death as the software update introduced many bugs, and exploits rendering the forum useless. Autoguide was an absent landlord and the site visitors evaporated overnight. By the time it was fixed, months later, the traffic was gone...
Good point. I hope the new site/host will be as attentive as I’m sure our administrators and moderators will be. This (and any) community is a special yet fragile organism. Have to admit I’m a little nervous about the impending move and know I for one am committed to seeing this through. Hope it goes smoothly!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Follow up on all of the concerns I'd listed earlier: the admin at the TN site says that they have no choice about any of those things (no classic view, no way to unblur all of the photo bucket images, no way to allow access to edit except one thread at a time, by special request).

I am sad about this coming change.

Norm "not a luddite, just don't like to see good things changed to bad" Kerr

·
トヨタ Master
5,794 Posts
Follow up on all of the concerns I'd listed earlier: the admin at the TN site says that they have no choice about any of those things (no classic view, no way to unblur all of the photo bucket images, no way to allow access to edit except one thread at a time, by special request).

I am sad about this coming change.

Norm "not a luddite, just don't like to see good things changed to bad" Kerr
I checked out that TN yesterday. My 1st impressions are that it's less than impressive. :|

I'll try to be optimistic.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
I checked out that TN yesterday. My 1st impressions are that it's less than impressive. :|

I'll try to be optimistic.
After Norm's post I too went to TN ( toyotanations.com) and checked out the FJ and RAV4 forums. Not a member so maybe I don't see all the options? Not very organized, maybe that is something our Admins can remedy when they are setting our new one up. Not organized = the many forums and sub-forums we have.... Just looks like a bunch of posts just thrown out there, Facebook (shudder)..

·
Administrator
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hello all,

There has been a delay and we have bumped the migration date to TBD.

We will update you all once we have another date open on the migration schedule.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hello Members,

We wanted to communicate that the new migration date will be scheduled for Thursday, November 14th.

Thank you so much for all your patience.

~ Community Support

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.