Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Id like to see a "half rack" built by a mfgr. I like the look and utility of the rear portion chop that some people do. Nobody offers it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Id like to see a "half rack" built by a mfgr. I like the look and utility of the rear portion chop that some people do. Nobody offers it.
1/2 rack would be nice as an insert - I do not think your full size fits behind the OEM air dam...

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
News update:

We have gone into a partnership agreement with a fabrication company that will be producing products such a our first intent... a front and rear FJ Light bar. Due to a current contract that expires Dec 7th we will not be officially partners till that date.

We are taking all the suggestions on this thread very serious and our new companies intent is to put our #1 QUALITY, #2 MODULAR add on equipment. The shop is equipped with the correct tools, laths, and finishing shop. Our partner is a avid 4WD enthusiast with talent and experience needed to be a success. We will have scheduled meetings to review customers ideas and determine if they are feasible. Also, we will take on custom contracts for our customer base.

Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
hi ... bumping this thread ... where do all these fantastic ideas stand? OffRoadGears.com has some great stuff, and I'm closer every day to pulling the trigger on a Ranger. What's going on?

brendan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Older thread but I am all over the side ladder! Just as shown in the above pictures. Oh, I would need one for each side because my OCD wouldn't let me have it on one.
some of the other ideas were great as well i won't be able to pitch my own until i pick up my own although relocatable cross bars above the mesh floor could be good.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Older thread but I am all over the side ladder!
Let's think about this for a second.

To access the side ladder would require using sliders as steps to access ladder.....the same sliders allow total access to the entire roof rack, anyway, so what benefit is a ladder?

FJCs a wide body already, and anything on the side is free game for the trees and rocks that wait along the trail side for the opportunity to toss themselves at the sides of unsuspecting travelers.

Side ladders = major damage multipliers, to me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

61 - 72 of 72 Posts