Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

Just got off the phone with Weathertech regarding the availability of their all-weather floor mats for the 2011 model year. Bottom line is they are not available and they have no plans to make as they don't even have a 2011 FJ there to start from. :badrazz:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to step up and offer their FJ up for measurement. Probably a free set in it for whoever does.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Weathertech (I know its a sponsor) is NOT worth the money. They do not fit nearly as well as they say they will and the black stain horribly from the New England salt. I bought 2 complete sets for 2 cars a year ago and hated them.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Floor liners in my opinion would be a better choice then all weather floor mats.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Help out a newbie and explain what you mean by floor liners?
Floor liner Husky Liners® - Floor Liners | Floor Mats | Car Floor Mats | Cargo Liners | Mud Flaps | Huskyliners.com

All weather floor mat WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Floor Mats All-Weather - 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser - All-Weather Car Floor Mats by WeatherTech - traps water, road salt, mud and sand

The floor liner in my opinion holds the crap in better and is easier to clean up, I've been using floor liners in my vehicles since 1997.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aren't all floormats from the 07-11 the same size?
I thought I read somewhere here that the attachment points have changed for the 2011 model year. I don't know if that's because they moved, or because they now use a locking knob system. I also don't know if the topology of the floor has changed at all.

Personally, I have no idea and wish we could find out for sure.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the link. The Husky floor liners look really good. There web site doesn't list them as being available for the 2011 model though so I called and talked to a rep. She said in fact they DID change for 2011, but the web site hasn't been updated. I ordered them from her $90 for front, $90 for second row (over the hump). Should arrive in 4-5 days.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Thanks for the link. The Husky floor liners look really good. There web site doesn't list them as being available for the 2011 model though so I called and talked to a rep. She said in fact they DID change for 2011, but the web site hasn't been updated. I ordered them from her $90 for front, $90 for second row (over the hump). Should arrive in 4-5 days.
you're welcome, post some pics when you can.

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
I thought I read somewhere here that the attachment points have changed for the 2011 model year. I don't know if that's because they moved, or because they now use a locking knob system. I also don't know if the topology of the floor has changed at all.

Personally, I have no idea and wish we could find out for sure.
I have weathertechs in my 2010 and the mounting points don't line up on them so maybe they will on the 2011. :lol:
I would suggest that you get the husky lines as others have said. The weathertechs fit in the FJ is just okay and they have a tendency to slide around. For the money that you pay they are just not worth it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have weathertechs in my 2010 and the mounting points don't line up on them so maybe they will on the 2011. :lol:
I would suggest that you get the husky lines as others have said. The weathertechs fit in the FJ is just okay and they have a tendency to slide around. For the money that you pay they are just not worth it.
OK -- I got the Husky's. Will report back here once they arrive and I get them installed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just ordered the Husky Liners, too. I've had them in a few other cars/trucks, and they're great.

Weathertechs are nice, but they're for a different market. I'd assume most FJ owners wouldn't be able to use them. If you just want something for easy cleanup and aren't too concerned with mud, just go with a set from the car wash.

Don't let Toyota or anyone else scare you into thinking you need them attached to the floor. This is my first car that even has a place to attach the mats. Checking your mat before driving should be more than enough to keep it from jamming down the gas pedal, if that really happens.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has anyone considered the mats made by Rugged Ridge?

They appear to be pretty heavy duty.

TRUCK/SUV FLOOR LINERS by RUGGED RIDGE
I have not tried them, and am also interested to hear the opinion of others. However, my concern with them is that the bottom of the liner has rubber points which, according, to their own ad are intended to grip a carpeted floor. Since the FJ has a smooth plastic floor, I'd think they would slide around unless anchored with the attach points.

I have no idea how well their attach points match the knob system of the 2011....would be great to find out. According to Husky, the ones I ordered should fit...if not, Imma be pissed! I'll report back here once they arrive which should be mid next-week.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I go the Husky's this week...here's my feedback.

The Good:

The fit is perfect all around, including the attachment points for the locking 2011 model attachment straps in front. Even the criss-cross embossed pattern is matched exactly. Also, their super large size and over-the-hump design will mean a lot less dirt getting underneath them. The amount of dirt underneath the chincy Toyota carpet mats was so terrible...it was already grinding holes into the plastic floor covering after 2 weeks!!

The Bad:

They are very thin, lighweight, and stiff. Overall the feeling I got from holding them was that they were totally lame! My impression is that they'll be cracked or have hole ground into them in no time...but the experience with others here is that they are very durable and will last...so I am hoping. I think I am comparing them to the ones that came for my Acura which were thick, heavy, pliable, rubbery and lasted for four years with zero wear and tear.

Anyway...overall I am very happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought a set of WeatherTech Floor Liners for my 2010 and I am very happy with them. I liked the looks of the Husky Floor Liners, but I think the WeatherTech's are better. I'm not sure if these are the ones you're all talking about, but here's a link: WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit ® - 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt They fit my 2010 perfectly and they are nice and thick. I'm not sure if they'll fit the 2011 though.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just bought a set of WeatherTech Floor Liners for my 2010 and I am very happy with them. I liked the looks of the Husky Floor Liners, but I think the WeatherTech's are better. I'm not sure if these are the ones you're all talking about, but here's a link: WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - FloorLiner? DigitalFit ® - 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt They fit my 2010 perfectly and they are nice and thick. I'm not sure if they'll fit the 2011 though.
I like the looks of those a lot and would have purchased them except that the do not fit the 2011 (I was told that by someone at Weathertech). Seeing the pictures I can tell that the plastic attachment point seems to be different (why, oh why do they do that).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully WeatherTech will make the floor liners for the 2011 once they do some re-tooling. If the attachment points are the only difference, they shouldn't have too much trouble modifying them. I've only had mine for a couple of months, but so far I'm very happy with them. I also plan on getting the rear cargo mat. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
dave, they may be thin but I think you'll be more then happy with them, as I've said before I've had Husky liners in a couple of vehicles and I think there great. BTW, I ordered my front Husky liners yesterday from AutoAnything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts