Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm a few hours away from you in SA. I have done some but it have been a few years. Would like to get back to doing more IT type of work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just woke up. I guess I need to read what I type before posting it. When I typed "I have done some but it have been a few years" I should have said "I have done some but it HAS been a few years."

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Don't limit yourself to locals if you don't have to. The wider you open up your bidding pool the lower you will get it for and/or the better/wider range of portfolios you will have to choose from. The World Wide Web is big and it has quite a reach :).

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
I need some light flash work for a front page.

Like a flash based intro? Bad idea. Flash based intros are not easily indexable and IMHO -- LAME.

If you feel the need to have the oooh and ahhh factor -- put it in a frame someplace on the actual page.

but if you MUST:
free flash intro page - Google Search

OR did you mean you wanted a fully FLASH enabled web page?

Also a bad idea, have you ever tried a fully flash enabled page on a mobile device -- it is the FAIL!

but if you MUST:
free flash site templates - Google Search

--

good uses of flash:
1) small web games
2) 3D diagrams
3) galleries (if done right)

bad uses of flash:
1) WOW, LOOK AT ME intro pages (seriously -- you have 10 seconds to "hook" your visitor -- you want to waste it on an intro?)
2) navigation menus
3) talking robo "assistants"
4) anything that could be done in a more "standard" format (XML, javascript, CSS)

standards you ask? yeah use them and live them -- the internet is NOT just Internet Explorer.

World Wide Web Consortium - Web Standards

oh you still want flash? and nothing free wets your whistle? farm it out to India -- seriously. Thats what you will get with your Craigs list ad anyways.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like a flash based intro? Bad idea. Flash based intros are not easily indexable and IMHO -- LAME.

If you feel the need to have the oooh and ahhh factor -- put it in a frame someplace on the actual page.

but if you MUST:
free flash intro page - Google Search

OR did you mean you wanted a fully FLASH enabled web page?

Also a bad idea, have you ever tried a fully flash enabled page on a mobile device -- it is the FAIL!

but if you MUST:
free flash site templates - Google Search

--

good uses of flash:
1) small web games
2) 3D diagrams
3) galleries (if done right)

bad uses of flash:
1) WOW, LOOK AT ME intro pages (seriously -- you have 10 seconds to "hook" your visitor -- you want to waste it on an intro?)
2) navigation menus
3) talking robo "assistants"
4) anything that could be done in a more "standard" format (XML, javascript, CSS)

standards you ask? yeah use them and live them -- the internet is NOT just Internet Explorer.

World Wide Web Consortium - Web Standards

oh you still want flash? and nothing free wets your whistle? farm it out to India -- seriously. Thats what you will get with your Craigs list ad anyways.

thanks buddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts