Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys and girls:

Here is the test website. It's a little slow, for some reason the ISP I have it on is sucking right now, but this is what I would like to push to the public site very, very soon.

FJSummit 2007 National Meet

What I need from you folk:

First off, go through all the text and make sure I spelled everything correctly. I pretty sure I did, but I'm not an English major so you know....

Lodging:
This is what I consider the most critical right now, because I want to make sure everyone who wants to come, has a place to stay. I've got a list of about 20-25 places that the Chamber of Commerce manager recommended to me, and what I would like to do, is split those names out to all of us, and we can call them and get up to date information about the event. I would like to get information on:

~ Prices for July 11-16th (buffer a day before and after the event, just to cover all bases) ~ How many rooms they have available ~ Group discounts for the club ~ Correct contact information (lets make sure the info we have is the correct info) ~ And anything cool they have that we don't know about.
~ If they would keep a tally of people who make reservations for our group (I realize they can't know if people who already made a reservation are in the group or not, but I'm thinking that this will help us gauge how many people will be registering. Also if we do get a group discount, we can tell people to call if they already made a reservation and to redo it so they can save some money.)

So if there are like 6-7 of us, we each take 3-4 names...what do you all think ? Once we get some data on that, we can upload it to the site. The stuff that is in there is just an example of the data. I'm thinking I may put the information into table format to make it easier to read, with less scrolling, but this gives you an idea of what I'm thinking.

Trail Section:
Here is a list of all the Trails Jeff (CO-Jeff) put up. Let me know what you think of format. I would really like to replace the photos that have jeeps in them, with ones with FJ's in them. I talked to Tim (t2cruiser) and he said he has some pictures of Ouray, and I think others do to. If we could get a collection of those pictures on the trails, that would be sweet. Also, let me know about other trails you want to add. All the pages are static right now, but I will be building a database and inputting this information into that, so making modifications will be rather quick. I will also be added GPS and google earth links, but that can be added later. Jason (Bostonian1976) is going to send TrailDamage.com an email just to make sure we can link to their site for the information.

Sponsors:
This is going to be a complex issue, but is a very important one because this will be one of the main resources for funding the event. I have talked with Jason and Tim about this, and we were thinking a conference call is in order to discuss this one specific issue. I know everyone is getting busy with the holidays, and Jason isn't going to be around this weekend, but I was wondering if we could have a conference call either December 9th or 10th. I know this may be a little pre-mature for some sponsors, but if we can start a dialog with them, and get some things put up on the website, I think that'll work.

Anyway, let me know what you all think and I'll be around, so email me if you need anything. Sorry this email is a little rushed, and my grammer is probably bad, but it's a busy day !!!

Thanks for all your help !

Seth

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Wow, that looks spectacular! :D

I'm bummed I won't be able to be there. You guys are going to put on one hell of an event.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
hey Mods, keep your nosy butts out of here :D

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I already emailed this. Puttting it here for the record.

I spoke to Barbara at Box Canyon Lodge. She has Blocked 25 rooms for our event at reduced rate until Jan 30. She also has 3-4 suites if we need some VIP space for some Toyota reps , or VIP guest. This hotel is next to the Best Western and is nicer IMO. I booked my room there. This is the info in the format Seth needs:

Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs
800 327 5080 / 970-325-4981
45 Third Avenue PO Box 439
Ouray, CO 81427

Ouray Lodging: Box Canyon Lodge and Hot Springs, Ouray Colorado

Number of Units: 33
Number of Units Available as of 11/27/2006: 25
Ask for FJ Summit 2007 Discount: Yes
Summer Rates: $115 regular room-$185 Master Suite
Submitted by: T2Cruiser

I also have contacted the Hot Springs Inn,( just N of hot springs pool on the way to KOA) stayed there summer 2006. Real nice and brand new. Closed for the season, I am waiting on a reply from them.

Somebody reported to the site that the Best Western has 5 rooms left that week. I can call and check on this.

t2cruiser

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Campground info from the forum (source: Terahex)

Here are some camping options, if people are interested:

4J+1+1 RV Park $20+/night 55 units 970-325-4418
4J+1+1 RV Park & Campground - Ouray - Southwest Colorado

Amphitheater Forest Service Campground $16+/night 35 units
Welcome to ReserveUSA

Ouray KOA $25+/night 970-325-4736
Ouray, Colorado Camping Vacation, Ouray Campground in Colorado - KOA in Ouray

Ridgway State Park $23+/night 800-678-2267
Camping - Colorado State Parks

Timber Ridge Campground $27+/night 50 units 970-325-4523
Ouray Colorado :: Timber Ridge Campground

Weber Westridge RV Park & Campground $15+/night 20 units
Ouray Colorado :: Weber Westridge RV Park & Campground

Hope this helps,

T2

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Wow, that looks spectacular! :D

I'm bummed I won't be able to be there. You guys are going to put on one hell of an event.
Bite me. You're coming.:boohoo:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Seth:

Talked to Rita at Hot Springs Inn today, I stayed there this Summer, it's real nice and nearly brand new. They love groups. Had Ducatistii , Corvettes and Jeeps last year

They have also have offered the best discount rate. ( a bargain considering the quality of the place) This is the info in your format:

Hot Springs Inn
800 706 7790 / 970 325 7277
(Note: they are closed for Winter, leave message, they will return your call)
1400 Main Street (Just North of the Hot Springs Pool)
Ouray, CO 81427

www.hotspringsinn.com

Number of Units: 42
Number of Units Available as of 12/02/2006: 35-40
Ask for FJ Summit 2007 Discount: Yes 100.00 reg room/ night includes cont. breakfast!
Please reserve before April 15, 2007, rooms are 2 King size, max 4 people.
Regular Rates: $115 regular room-$185 Master Suite
Submitted by: T2Cruiser

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Hey! I got a PM telling me to check it out, so stick it in your Land Rover :p
Your welcome here. I'm sure they were talking about JLAM :roller:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts