Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Meant to add: there is all kinds of good camping in Ouray too.... I hear good things about the campsite right in town as well as Ridgeway State Park... also, those sites down by Silverton on the way up to that totally clear lake with the waterfalls look pretty good...

I've been going to the Hot Springs Inn for years. Great place.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yeah, it sure was. Here is one of hundreds of great moments we enjoyed...

That's so awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yeah, it sure was. Here is one of hundreds of great moments we enjoyed...

We will plan to be in the general vacinity around the 10th. That way we can hit the trails together. You can show us all the cool trails and lead us into areas we wouldn't be able to venture on our own. As you found us last year. Lol

Where are the trails you listed previously?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That sounds good. I'll try to plan on that. My job takes me on weird turns sometimes but I'll try to stick with the plan... updates as we get closer...

Those other trails are near my camp in Park County. Another great one is Mt. Bross. The only 14er you can 4-wheel up so far as I know...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That sounds good. I'll try to plan on that. My job takes me on weird turns sometimes but I'll try to stick with the plan... updates as we get closer...

Those other trails are near my camp in Park County. Another great one is Mt. Bross. The only 14er you can 4-wheel up so far as I know...
Sounds great! I'll keep you updated as the plans get a little more defined.

Please, what is 14'er? 14k feet perhaps?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
We will plan to be in the general vacinity around the 10th. That way we can hit the trails together. You can show us all the cool trails and lead us into areas we wouldn't be able to venture on our own. As you found us last year. Lol

Where are the trails you listed previously?

You should get this book:
https://www.funtreks.com/guide-to-colorado-backroads-4wd-trails-3rd-edition

I have the Moab one as well.

I also bought the SD data cards, helps find the trails:
https://www.funtreks.com/funtreks-data-cards

Reactions: cougarzluv

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
My land up in Park County is a good basecamp for hitting trails in the Bailey thru Buena Vista areas.
Hey,

Where exactly is your land? Does it have good camping spots? Don't have a RTT. PM me. Don't need squaters.

Probably motel stay in Ouray. Might bring a dog so would have to find another place that takes dogs.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hey,

Where exactly is your land? Does it have good camping spots? Don't have a RTT. PM me. Don't need squaters.

Probably motel stay in Ouray. Might bring a dog so would have to find another place that takes dogs.

Thanks
My camp is about 13 miles south of Jefferson (which is along US285 just SW of Kenosha Pass).

Yes; great camping spots. Outstanding. Lots of bears that time of year. Not a problem if you are bear aware and have spray just in case.

Let me know your projected Ouray dates when you can.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I had my dates messed up. It's not the week prior that I need to travel for work... I actually need to be in Austin 8/9 to 8/12.

How long do you plan to be in the Ouray area? I may be able to head out there after I get back...

I hope I did not mess up your plans. My bad if I did!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I had my dates messed up. It's not the week prior that I need to travel for work... I actually need to be in Austin 8/9 to 8/12.

How long do you plan to be in the Ouray area? I may be able to head out there after I get back...

Let me double check the dates. I'm sure we can work something out.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

I'm afraid we're not going to make it up to Colorado this year. Shooting for next year! Keep us updated on your fun adventures! Have a safe trip!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I'm afraid we're not going to make it up to Colorado this year. Shooting for next year! Keep us updated on your fun adventures! Have a safe trip!
Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

I go down to Dallas quite a bit. We should get Andre' and Becky and all meet at Hard Eight BBQ some time. It'd be a blast....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

I go down to Dallas quite a bit. We should get Andre' and Becky and all meet at Hard Eight BBQ some time. It'd be a blast....
That'd be awesome! Let's definitely plan something soon.
We're definitely making every attempt if heading up to CO next year. I'll keep you posted.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts