Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I wonder if you can help me diagnose my problem before I take it to Toyota and they claim they don't notice it.

When I try to accelerate at higher speeds I get multiple bursts of acceleration. It's an automatic 07 4wd and it shifts gears fine, but between gears it has spurts of acceleration when Im trying to speed up from 40 to 70. This seems to be worse when its cold, but I believe it still does it when its hot too. It also seems to be lacking power in this range. It has 70k on it right now and its under warranty until 100k.

Any ideas? Spark plugs, fuel pump, slipping belt, transmission?

There is also I whining noise you can hear in first gear and park. Its hard to say where that is coming from. I originally thought it was coming from the transmission but now I think its coming from the engine compartment.

thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt.... Did i put this in the wrong topic?

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
There are so many things it could be including a tranny/torque converter issue. But these run on a fly by wire system. Possible there is a problem with the throttle position sensor. It's really hard to say without diagnosis
I think you haven't got a response because this is difficult to try and figure out without seeing it and analyzing it with the proper equipment
Take it in a let them hook it up
You didn't mention dash lights, so I am assuming you don't have any
good luck
Don

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never fixed it. Simply put a band aid on it by using 93 octane, sprint booster, and cleaning my drop in kn filter every month. I have tried cleaning the mafs with no luck. I might try replacing it one day.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ps this problem happened to me after installing k&n cai..
and I am suspecting a bad maf sensor because of the oiled filter
Did you figure yours out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts