Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a ’07 FJ that started a weird turn signal problem. When I am signaling left I get a super fast blink every ten or more blinks. I’ve checked my bulbs and none are out or even look weak except for one of the two license plate lights. Could one of these small bulbs being blown the source of this problem?

I haven’t had any work done on the rig for sometime now and when I did it was a simple OLF months ago.

The only aftermarket electronic gear I have is a Bright Box that has been working perfectly for over 6 months now.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Bad flasher?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Wow that is an odd problem. I would bet its a bulb having an intermittent connection. Bulbs are cheap i would just replace both on the left side and see what happens. I know i had a taillight bulb (cant remember if it was signal, tail or backup) actually pop out of its socket and was rolling around in the lens!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks toyo22r. It was the front turn signal bulb. Hadn't blown yet but when I replaced it the problem stopped. Many thanks as these Gremlins are frustrating.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks toyo22r. It was the front turn signal bulb. Hadn't blown yet but when I replaced it the problem stopped. Many thanks as these Gremlins are frustrating.
I just noticed a similar problem in my '07. Left turn signal went to Fast Blink like it was burned out, but corrected itself as I was driving. I was surprised to see it fix itself! I suspect a bad bulb as well.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It isn't even necessarily a bad bulb. I've had the contacts in the socket somehow get bent out of shape before. Once I was able to bend it back into shape with a toothpick but on the other vehicle I've seen it happen on the socket ended up having to be replaced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just noticed a similar problem in my '07. Left turn signal went to Fast Blink like it was burned out, but corrected itself as I was driving. I was surprised to see it fix itself! I suspect a bad bulb as well.
Sometimes when the car is moving it effects the connections, so it could have been a bad connection problem.
Heard a case that the radio was not working if the car was cold and works fine after a few min when it wormed up - was a connection problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
It isn't even necessarily a bad bulb. I've had the contacts in the socket somehow get bent out of shape before. Once I was able to bend it back into shape with a toothpick but on the other vehicle I've seen it happen on the socket ended up having to be replaced.
Thank you Inglorious you were right on! I read your message to my husband so he immediately checked it out. Come to find out the contacts were bent in the socket. He also bent them back and viola! My left turn signal is working normal once again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts