Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
gsgmac said:
$60 bucks for some molded acrylic plastic and some velcro seems a little steep to me. These should be more like $24.95 or something.
This is DOT approved acrylic, the fasteners are dual lock {(velcro on steroids!) my husbands motorcycle headlight cover has NEVER come loose!} if your headlights are worth only $24.95 buy the film! the film is not DOT approved. The cost to replace your headlights are $240 each! $60 bucks or close to $500. I'll have to do the math....... hmmmmmm thats $210 savings per side. We have em and like em! on our vehicles!
This thread was welcoming this paying vendor to the forum btw.:flame:

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
sandabbe said:
This is DOT approved acrylic, the fasteners are dual lock {(velcro on steroids!) my husbands motorcycle headlight cover has NEVER come loose!} if your headlights are worth only $24.95 buy the film! the film is not DOT approved. The cost to replace your headlights are $240 each! $60 bucks or close to $500. I'll have to do the math....... hmmmmmm thats $210 savings per side. We have em and like em! on our vehicles!
This thread was welcoming this paying vendor to the forum btw.:flame:
So does that mean I need to start a whole new thread to voice my opinion on the cost??? Simmer down Beavis........

I guess those with a different viewpoint should just not say anything?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
gsgmac said:
So does that mean I need to start a whole new thread to voice my opinion on the cost??? Simmer down Beavis........

I guess those with a different viewpoint should just not say anything?
Sorry I took it personally! You can say, I can say, Que sera! :bandit:

·
Banned
505 Posts
Putting cost aside, is acrylic the most optically clear material out there that still does the job while allowing the maximum amount of light through without distortion? (thanks)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Kzoocruiser said:
Putting cost aside, is acrylic the most optically clear material out there that still does the job while allowing the maximum amount of light through without distortion? (thanks)
In a word...... Yes!
I've used these H.L.C.'s on my motorcycles for years with NO light level drop AND no yellowing of any kind. Paige say's they will go seven years before they discolor, but I've seen older H.L.C.'s that were still clear as glass.
They do need to be rubbed out with plastic polish from time to time to keep them looking good.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
well i've just ordered mine,hope i get them by the weekend.i just got my fj last night and there are lots of rock haulers around these parts.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Sorry guy's , the bug guard is a dead issue for now. Paige has too many motorcycle projects going on right now.(he's the only designer there and the hole place runs on four people! I think they do quite well considering!) Maybe in the future if things slow down, I can bend his ear and twist his arm and get him to build a bug deflector.:ugh: you should have seen what I had to do to get him to do headlight covers! :lol: lets put it this way, if you DID know, alot more of you would be buying them!:stickpoke: :bandit:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I purchased the un-used smoked lens covers from a forum member, and they are too dark. I guess I was gambling that more light would get through.

Do you guys have a lighter smoked version in the works?? If not can you get me a discount if I send you my like-new smoke lens covers for clear? I saw the off-road designation, but these REALLY block out the light.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I purchased the un-used smoked lens covers from a forum member, and they are too dark. I guess I was gambling that more light would get through.

Do you guys have a lighter smoked version in the works?? If not can you get me a discount if I send you my like-new smoke lens covers for clear? I saw the off-road designation, but these REALLY block out the light.

Thanks!!
Sounds like you need to call Christine at Aeroflow. Or contact then via e-mail at [email protected]
Good luck, let us know how it turn's out!

·
Registered
23 Posts
In a word...... Yes!
I've used these H.L.C.'s on my motorcycles for years with NO light level drop AND no yellowing of any kind. Paige say's they will go seven years before they discolor, but I've seen older H.L.C.'s that were still clear as glass.
They do need to be rubbed out with plastic polish from time to time to keep them looking good.
I have to agree - have used these on all of my motorcycles and they are fantastic!! The locking method is the best around. The plastic will stay clear for along time without discoloring. I didn't hesitate to order a set for my FJ and the cost is minimum when you are talking rock chips and replacing the headlight unit. :clap:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is there any way to make a amber tinted version? I would much rather have an amber cover than an amber light bulb.

·
Registered
171 Posts
They don't seem to be checking this forum. I'll send them an e-mail.

Anyone else interested in amber lens covers?

·
Registered
295 Posts
These guys are top notch, pleasure to do business with them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do they stay on ok going through car washes?

Where I drive, it's illegal to have a dirty car, and when it's 120 outside, I'm not going to do it myself!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yes they will stay on. They are held on to the light lens by 3M "dual lock" . It is kinda of like Super velcro.:)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts