Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Welcome! :wave:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome aboard from an expat

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fj on sale date 62 days and counting. can't wait. drove a dearler demo unit last week and it was great. Looking to import a heap of accessories as looks like the Toyota list may be a bit bare here.
Interesting side note tha Toyota Australia has left the vehicle with only a 50kg front axle weight which means no bullbar just a bash bar will comply

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Interesting side note tha Toyota Australia has left the vehicle with only a 50kg front axle weight which means no bullbar just a bash bar will comply
Thats weird that is a rule/law.

BTW, there are a few bumpers that will work.

Some of the tube bumpers are under 100lbs and the Aluminess aluminum bumper only weighs 50lbs or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 50kg is Toyota Australias allowable front axle weight. That doesn't stop people putting an ARB steel bar on ,just don't expect Toyota warrant to cover spring, shock, chassis or anything related to the weight over the front axle. We get a Genuine alloy nudge bar as a factory accerssorie and thats about it.
Personally I like the front as it is, maybe a bash bar but nothing else.

·
Registered
281 Posts
To my understanding aren't all fjc made in the same plant in japan. I find it hard to imagine that there would be, that sort of drastic design change.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Australian laws are a lot (read , lot) stricter the US. To import a vehicle for sale in the country it needs to pass a different and stringent set of tests before it can be complianced for use on australian roads. It doesnt surprise me they limit axle weights etc, for warranty purpose.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
What a great place to enjoy an FJ in all part of this country. Enjoy the ride and can't wait to see pictures of the FJ in action in the Outback.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
6,592 Posts
Congrats to everyone there!

The company I work for recently took over some locations there. I may never get there for work, but would love to visit someday.

The places we recently acquired are: Lizard Island, Heron Island, and Wilson Island on the Great Barrier Reef, King’s Canyon, and El Questro in the East Kimberley region. Don't know much about them, but they seem to be nice places from what I've seen in the internal annoucements.

Cheers!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome Mates, as a teen I lived in Sydney and there's nothing I rather do than box my FJ up and head back over for some fun.

Sent from my AutoGuide App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fj on sale date 62 days and counting. can't wait. drove a dearler demo unit last week and it was great. Looking to import a heap of accessories as looks like the Toyota list may be a bit bare here.
Hi FULLSCALE,

I don't think TMC will offer any discount at the beginning. $46,990 + on roads sounds a bit too high, specially if you can get a Prado GLX for $55k drive away. I'm still tossing between these two but if anything I will probably wait till June - end of financial year sale.

Where did you drive one? I just came back from your neck of the woods and the only FJ I've seen was in Newcastle - NSW...

Cheers
Ozi

·
Registered
10 Posts
[..]Lizard Island, Heron Island, and Wilson Island on the Great Barrier Reef, [...] Don't know much about them, but they seem to be nice places from what I've seen in the internal annoucements.

Cheers!
YoseFJ,

Mozzies over there are bigger than mice :) The first thing you buy is sun screen and mozzie repellent :bigthumb:

Be warned! :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I'll be looking at getting the FJ once it's released here in Australia. Down to around 33 days to launch according to the local toyota web site.

A couple of friends have reported seeing one driving around here in Sydney but I have not been that lucky yet. I did go to the Sydney Motor show to have a look.

It will be interesting to see the final drive away price locally, I'd prefer the FJ over the Prado but if there is nothing in the price difference it will make it hard to justify to the Mrs.

·
Registered
511 Posts
So are the rules different for New Zealand? I'm just curious because FJC Magazine recently linked to the Top to Bottom challenge, where Marc Ellis is driving an FJ Cruiser across NZ, assisted by the local population. Are FJ Cruisers already available in NZ or is this just TMC's way of promoting the vehicle in preparation for release?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts