·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Re: Welcome RCI Metalworks LLC!

Colorado local, selling the right products (armor) in the right state! :rocker:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome to the board. I've been rockin your full set of skids for several years now.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Thanks guys!

We are glad to be here! We've actually been sponsors on this forum for a year or two now but we just upgraded to become a "supporting" vendor which gives us a sub-forum to be able to keep in touch with everyone better, as well as provide new product updates, discounts, etc.

Look forward to being of service here, feel free to give us a shout if we can help you with anything!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks guys!

We are glad to be here! We've actually been sponsors on this forum for a year or two now but we just upgraded to become a "supporting" vendor which gives us a sub-forum to be able to keep in touch with everyone better, as well as provide new product updates, discounts, etc.

Look forward to being of service here, feel free to give us a shout if we can help you with anything!
Hello,

I purchased a full set of skids over the course of a few months at the end of 2014 and beginning of last year. I'm having issues with the engine, transmission and lower control arm skids. All of them are making a lot of noise that makes my front end sound like it is falling apart. The skids have seen just about no real abuse and there is no reason they should be making as much noise as they are. I've sent multiple messages on the RCI website but I can't get a response even though the website says messages will be responded to within 24 hours. Can you please get back to me about these issues? My skid plates are sitting in my garage due to these issues and I'm getting pretty frustrated with the lack of response. Thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Hi thanks for your patience, being our busiest time of the year we are running a day or two longer on getting back to emails. Calling us always best because we can usually help you out right away.

This sounds like an issue caused by flexing of the vehicles frame rather than the skid plates themselves. I've never personally experienced this, but the skid plates tie all of the frame and cross-members together so when the chassis moves the skid plates naturally will have to flex as well, which can cause popping noises. My advice would be to take the plates off and install thin rubber strips (1/8" +/-) between all metal surfaces that contact each other. This should hopefully cure your problem.

McMaster-Carr

As for the A-arms, there is literally no way they would be making any noise provided they are bolted down tightly and not contacting anything within the suspension travel.

Thanks and hope this helps you!

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the 10-14 FJ Lower Link Skids are plug and play? The website states it a just few minute installation job but the 2014 has no blot holes in the frame as see in the site photo.
Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi thanks for your patience, being our busiest time of the year we are running a day or two longer on getting back to emails. Calling us always best because we can usually help you out right away.

This sounds like an issue caused by flexing of the vehicles frame rather than the skid plates themselves. I've never personally experienced this, but the skid plates tie all of the frame and cross-members together so when the chassis moves the skid plates naturally will have to flex as well, which can cause popping noises. My advice would be to take the plates off and install thin rubber strips (1/8" +/-) between all metal surfaces that contact each other. This should hopefully cure your problem.

McMaster-Carr

As for the A-arms, there is literally no way they would be making any noise provided they are bolted down tightly and not contacting anything within the suspension travel.

Thanks and hope this helps you!
Thank you for getting back to me. I purchased a few feet of the rubber strips you mentioned above, so hopefully that fixes the issues. I will report back after the rubber strips arrive and I get them installed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Set of aluminum skids ordered for Mean Green. I had to order an 07-09 tranny skid because the Web site wouldn't allow me to select 10-14 skid. They are the same so no big deal. Now we'll be ready for Poughkeepsie gulch. Thanks Josh.:rocker:

Reactions: Loganbeere

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Upgraded to a set of new steel RCI skids from my original aluminum RCI skids that I had been running for over 2 years now. Got them installed over the weekend. Can't say enough good things about Josh and his fine products.

RCI Skids.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts