Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking at FJs for years family is getting older the old TJ is too small and without ABS is just plain dangerous on highways. :(

So did a whack of research and the FJ came out ahead. I do a bunch of hiking and shooting so skidplates were a must and a regular SUV just doesn't cut it.

Found a silver 2007 FJ "C" package (wanted black but as my Jeep is black I knew it would never stay clean) has new tires, hitch and wiring, 3m on the hood, and 40,000 miles/ 60,000 kms (I am in Canada). Pretty clean second owner unit, bought new from a local dealer, CARFAX fine, dealer confirmed it's history, drives tight, and lifetime oil changes.:clap:

Owner wouldn't budge because of what he still owes on it so got for around $21,000.00. :mecry:

Now I am concerned about having to use premium fuel but many say just use regular. So I going to do a 3 inch lift soon but any general pointers or comments to an ex Jeep guy??

Anyways thanks everyone but I have to say if Jeep hadn't put in a 3.8 van engine (I know the new Penastar is coming) I may have done a 4 door Jeep but the FJ seems to be more reliable overall.

Randy from Calgary Alberta Canada:ninja:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Well I did after 20 years of owning Jeeps I bought an FJ!!!

U dont have to use premium fuel, do some research :)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

Hello and welcome! Good choice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks guys yeah the FJ just felt so much better engineered and safe. My wife did not want the kids in the Jeep with the soft top incase of an accident.

So it seems everyone is saying reg fuel is fine so that will help as I am sure it will get better mileage then my old TJ.

Randy

·
Premium Member
226 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I bought my FJ for the same reasons as you, and am extremely happy with it. In fact, some of my hiking friends are now shopping for one after riding along with me on some of my photography 'adventures'.

Like you, I have an 07 model. I do run regular fuel from time to time, but I do notice lower torque and engine response when I do, so I run regular for daily driving and premium when off-road. I have read how many don't notice any difference, but I do. All I can say is to try it yourself.

·
Admin
8,476 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the FJ!

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts

Welcome and congrats on the rig.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts

Welcome aboard! Great folks, info and fun!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
92 Posts

Once you get your lift, all the Jeeps will be jealous! Welcome!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Picked her up tonight, snowing and the roads are icy as h_ll!!! This FJ is incredible what a friggin TANK!!!! Sure footed makes why I drove my non ABS TJ all these years.

So go to pull the wifes van into the garage and get stuck in a rut in the alley!!! I back the old TJ out of the garage leave the van in park and tow the van out of the rut even in park as I was scared the wife would run into me....

The old trusty TJ came to the rescue one last time.:cheers: I am going to miss this little tugboat:wave: but I need something bigger for the family.:rocker:

Randy

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts

I love My TJ and my FJ they both have their purpose. I wish I had $20,000 to put a 6.1 SC v8 in the TJ with D60's atlas etc but oh well someday maybe? The FJ is a great addition to the toyota family.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Welcome aboard Randy - I also am from Calgary , with an 07 silver C pkg. Have had it for 5 years now and has never once been in the shop! Do regular maintenance myself however. The best Toyota I have ever owned , and I've owned 9 over the years including a few older landcruisers. Have only put in premium maybe 2 or 3 times in 5 years , but have honestly never felt any difference whatsoever in power or performance!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts

Welcome buddy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys can't believe how many people are curious about these trucks.

Really enjoying it the blind spots are not that bad once you get used to it.

Randy

PS great to see another Calgarian here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts