Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I'm happy to hear this news, so really really really equipped should be what 30K, sounds good to me.

While Toyota officials won't release final pricing until closer to the FJ's on-sale date in March, they have indicated that the manufacturer's suggested retail price, including destination charge, for a well-equipped 2007 FJ Cruiser is likely to be around $25,600. This compares with $29,500 for a base 2006 Hummer H3 and $21,110 for a base 2006 Jeep Wrangler with six-cylinder engine. Both the H3 and Wrangler are known as strong-performing, rugged, off-road SUVs.

http://www.nj.com/living/ledger/index.ssf?/base/living-0/1136096112117190.xml&coll=1

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
"Thus, the new FJ Cruiser is designed to bring to Toyota dealerships authentic off-road capability at a new, more affordable price. Indeed, most FJs will come in under the $28,240 starting price for another capable Toyota SUV, the long-running 4Runner. "

Price as tested: estimated $25,605 MSRP plus destination charge

·
Registered
46 Posts
mappelman said:
:) I'm happy to hear this news, so really really really equipped should be what 30K, sounds good to me.

While Toyota officials won't release final pricing until closer to the FJ's on-sale date in March, they have indicated that the manufacturer's suggested retail price, including destination charge, for a well-equipped 2007 FJ Cruiser is likely to be around $25,600. This compares with $29,500 for a base 2006 Hummer H3 and $21,110 for a base 2006 Jeep Wrangler with six-cylinder engine. Both the H3 and Wrangler are known as strong-performing, rugged, off-road SUVs.

http://www.nj.com/living/ledger/index.ssf?/base/living-0/1136096112117190.xml&coll=1
Thats probably 2x4

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope,

THE SPECS

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4

Vehicle classification: five-door, four-wheel-drive, five-passenger sport utility vehicle

Engine: 239-horsepower, 4-liter, double overhead cam V6 with VVT-I and 278 pound-feet of torque at 3,700 rpm

Transmission: six-speed manual

·
Registered
83 Posts
mappelman said:
Nope,

THE SPECS

Vehicle classification: five-door, four-wheel-drive, five-passenger sport utility vehicle

Engine: 239-horsepower, 4-liter, double overhead cam V6 with VVT-I and 278 pound-feet of torque at 3,700 rpm

I did see mention of a rear wiper in the article, but not a rear diff lock. If that's the case, it has the convenience package and possibly nothing else. There was no picture of the test vehicle so we don't know if it had alloys. Assuming it only had the convenience package, that would put the base 4x4 at just under 25k; like $24,900 or something. The 4x2 would likely be $22-somehting. This would be very nice if it were true. I'm ready for Toyota to just tell us what this things going to cost already!

Jason

·
Registered
46 Posts
mappelman said:
Nope,

THE SPECS

Hey not bad, 4x4 six speed manual? seems decent, since the lockers are standard with the 4x4.
hoping availability will be ok by next year

·
Registered
83 Posts
totaleclipse02 said:
Hey not bad, 4x4 six speed manual? seems decent, since the lockers are standard with the 4x4.
hoping availability will be ok by next year
The one locker (rear) is still optional although it is included in the upgrade packages. Is this what you were referring to, or did I miss something...

Jason

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looked at a 2006 4-Runner today, was basic 2wd SR5 model with towing and some basic options $24,800. With the FJ you get a cheaper interior, and less materials/mass so I would assume the FJ should be cheaper than this. I suppose we should keep in mind they sell things for what the market will bear; this vehicle already takes on the H3 in every category and beats it on price alone.

We are fortunate that they are also trying to lure Jeep sales and similar vehicles so price is about the most important thing Toyota is thinking about. They have mentioned this since the unveiling and I am sure they will make it an affordable off-road machine.

Think about the Hybrid Highlander there was a time when you couldn't find one, ended up getting on a list and paying over sticker, just looked at a few dealers who had then in stock and basically were willing to deal because guess what, those who wanted them so bad either got them or moved on to something else. I bet Toyota will make sure the first year is a big hit and sells out; they will have time down the road to increase the price as options become more standard.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Keep this in mind. Toyota is trying to fill the gap between the RAV4 and the 4Runner. Let's look at current 2006 base prices:

Base 2WD RAV4 = $20,300 (base 4WD version ?)
Base 2WD 4Runner = $27,635 (base 4WD version $29,910)
Difference = $7,335 divided by 2 = $3,667

This is why I think the base 2WD FJC will carry a $23,995 base price. Dead in the middle of RAV4 and 4Runner base pricing. I was hoping for a $22,000 2WD FJC, but it does not look promising. The $25,600 pricing looks to be for a 2WD model with some small option choices. Not trying to throw water on the fire guys, just trying to be realistic.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
"it's gonna be all right children" Jim Jones

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mini2nut said:
Not trying to throw water on the fire guys, just trying to be realistic.
i think im really leaning towards a hummer at the moment. that oughtta ease my tension while i wait for a real price.

·
Registered
163 Posts
what the hell is a two x four? ive never heard this speak. it sounds,.....unfamiliar

Wood? Sold as 2 inches by four inches but is usually less. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
caliFJ said:
i think im really leaning towards a hummer at the moment. that oughtta ease my tension while i wait for a real price.
Why don't you go to Hertz and rent one for about a week, see how it rides, looks in your driveway, and whatever you would use it for.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mappelman said:
Why don't you go to Hertz and rent one for about a week, see how it rides, looks in your driveway, and whatever you would use it for.
dont want a hummer from hertz. was talking bout my wife - OH!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ohh that's right.... I forgot about "that" factor. Not in my vocab at the moment, I'm that Toyota "target" market that buys what they want without real life concerns like family.

Back on topic here is more positive price info from the horses mouth:

Toyota officials have yet to announce pricing but a "nicely equipped" FJ Cruiser should be "in the mid-$20,000 range," said Jim Farley, vice president for marketing for the Toyota division

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
mappelman said:
Ohh that's right.... I forgot about "that" factor. Not in my vocab at the moment, I'm that Toyota "target" market that buys what they want without real life concerns like family.

Back on topic here is more positive price info from the horses mouth:

Toyota officials have yet to announce pricing but a "nicely equipped" FJ Cruiser should be "in the mid-$20,000 range," said Jim Farley, vice president for marketing for the Toyota division
Anyone else think Mappelman still didn't get the joke?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts