21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its a shame it takes two additional months for the FJs to get to those Ohio-ans (sp?)

I hope that delivery time isn't accurate for every part of the country.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mappelman said:
Look familiar?

im going to make it my mission to seek and destroy all minis with similar colors. ive never liked those little cars in the first place. hey wait, maybe it was my nazi metrosexual manager who owned a mini, a scooter and models of each. yea yea, that could be it.

hummer, get it dude? hahahaha :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I owned a Mini Convertable for 4 weeks and honestly it was a blast to drive. I could not belive how well it handled the turns and becuase it weighs next to nothing it was pretty quick. Once the little one gets bigger I will be buying one for my wife.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't get everyone's disappointment with the "unofficial" pricing of the FJ. Remember you can barely get the mini cooper in a hardtop for $25,600 with options. I just priced the convertible Mini with the options I would order (no navi among other omitted options) and it costs $36,850. That is absolutely retarded.

The fact is that cars are expensive and since the one we all want is going to be an awesome rig...we MIGHT have to pay a little more for it. Hopefully not, but I'm willing to spend a little more than for the competition.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I understand that El, but we can't let Toyota know that we'd spend that extra couple dollars....keep fighting for mid 20's! Remember we're all poor...well I am.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Elwood said:
I don't get everyone's disappointment with the "unofficial" pricing of the FJ. Remember you can barely get the mini cooper in a hardtop for $25,600 with options. I just priced the convertible Mini with the options I would order (no navi among other omitted options) and it costs $36,850. That is absolutely retarded.

The fact is that cars are expensive and since the one we all want is going to be an awesome rig...we MIGHT have to pay a little more for it. Hopefully not, but I'm willing to spend a little more than for the competition.
i think our point of contention is that it would be very lame of toyota to hype this rig as affordable, starting in the low 20's but cost 30k for the ideal setup. i dont think any of us have a problem shelling out the dollars - or none of us would even be involved in offroading - as it does waste an enormous amount of money and time. elwood, how long have you been following this truck? there's quite a few of us that have been anxiously awaiting the release of this thing for the past 75 or so years.

my two cents, minis are for retards (see above postings). i hate my exmanager and i hate minis and i hate scooters and i above all hate metrosexuals. well actually i dont hate hate anyone,....i extremely dislike.

man, i shouldnt've drankin all that cough syrup and start posting.

what were we talking about anyway?

:eek:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I e-mailed a new local So Cal Toyota dealer today about FJC pricing. His response is as follows:

"There isnt yet...but MSRP should be mid 25k...but for the first 8 months they will sell for $3,000 over sticker price due to high demand".

And that is the exact quote. Economics 101 is playing out once again!

·
Registered
644 Posts
mmm economics. That's ok, like I said before...me am too lazy to buy my own lift and big tires...gonna wait till Toyota does it for me. =)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mini2nut said:
I e-mailed a new local So Cal Toyota dealer today about FJC pricing. His response is as follows:

"There isnt yet...but MSRP should be mid 25k...but for the first 8 months they will sell for $3,000 over sticker price due to high demand".

you're a true knucklehead if you settle for that line of crap. call around, be a smart consumer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
mini2nut said:

Something D-O-O economics... Voodoo economics.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well, it said that the price as tested was for the 6-speed manual. Which we know is 4x4. SO. That is a good thing. 25,605 base for the 4x4 manual could mean really good things for my pocket book. I thought that was a great article. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
caliFJ said:
i think our point of contention is that it would be very lame of toyota to hype this rig as affordable, starting in the low 20's but cost 30k for the ideal setup. i dont think any of us have a problem shelling out the dollars - or none of us would even be involved in offroading - as it does waste an enormous amount of money and time. elwood, how long have you been following this truck? there's quite a few of us that have been anxiously awaiting the release of this thing for the past 75 or so years.

my two cents, minis are for retards (see above postings). i hate my exmanager and i hate minis and i hate scooters and i above all hate metrosexuals. well actually i dont hate hate anyone,....i extremely dislike.

man, i shouldnt've drankin all that cough syrup and start posting.

what were we talking about anyway?

:eek:

I understand how completely how you feel. I never said I was pleased about how Toyota is playing out the "incredible value" line. I want all of us to get it for as little as possible. I just think all signs are leading the opposite direction.

BTW...I saw the truck for the first time about 6 months ago. About the time I starting getting fed up with my wife's idea that it is practical to be a home owner and have two compact sedans. Let me tell you it's not easy hauling drywall and lumber in a BMW 3 series. Then, in October I finally had my chance. We went on a hiking vacation in central Idaho and rented a Jeep to crawl around the mountains in and she was hooked. Anyway, I've finally got her on my side (she's going to LA show with me this weekend) and I'm not going to let go now.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Funny, I have the exact opposite experience with my girlfriend. She says, "you need a new car... decide what you want and go drive it..."

I say, "I want an FJ Cruiser."

She says, "pay off this and this and I will get us pre-qualified."

Today she says, "checked it out and our credit union is part of a CUDL organization that works with the dealer you are talking to and have placed the deposit with - GOOD JOB."

This all translates to two things. My girl kicks ass, and I am SO getting an FJ Cruiser!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Percy

you are one lucky man! It has been really tough for me...i've been trying to get a truck of any kind for about 2 and a half years. All I get is what do you need that for...over and over and over.

Like I said she is hooked now and someone would have to kill me to keep from my FJ.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Someone should talk to Dianne @ Carson Toyota. I bought a Tundra from her in 2001. She was giving special prices to members of TundraSolution.com. I know several others who have bought from her since.

Percy, you should talk to her about sponsering the site. She is the fleet manager.

If I wasn't supposed to mention anybody specificaly, please feel free to edit this post. I have been lurking for awhile and just reading the posts.

Sorry, when I first saw the FJC I thought it was fugly, but it has kinda grown on my since and now I am concidering a new toy. Toyota could make a great little 4X4. Lets hope they don't price themselves out of the market.

mike

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
mbisson said:
Someone should talk to Dianne @ Carson Toyota. I bought a Tundra from her in 2001. She was giving special prices to members of TundraSolution.com. I know several others who have bought from her since.

Percy, you should talk to her about sponsering the site. She is the fleet manager.

If I wasn't supposed to mention anybody specificaly, please feel free to edit this post. I have been lurking for awhile and just reading the posts.

Sorry, when I first saw the FJC I thought it was fugly, but it has kinda grown on my since and now I am concidering a new toy. Toyota could make a great little 4X4. Lets hope they don't price themselves out of the market.

mike
VERY COMPETITIVE PRICING!

Lovin' every minute of this beautiful day!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts