Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is after a month of questions and frustration on what to get. I have now decided to put money toward front coil-overs wether it be saws, icon,... or what have you. But for now and only 1500 miles on this beast this is how it sits.
before

After

I don't see an end to this anytime soon! hahah
Oh well I am very pleased and everything went smoothly. I had it aligned and then in 500 or so miles go back and have it re-aligned. And also disregard my huge tires that you see, I know everyone wants them and do not want to make anyone on this forum jealous!!! I plan on ordering sliders and skids this week after some research and maybe in a month or so get new rubbers. Thanks for all the encouraging words and information to everyone who provided it. :cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
looks nice!you're pockets must be deeper than mine lmao.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Looking good!

Mod Fever! Catch it!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
New rubbers???? A month???? That is just sooo wrong.......

Ohhhhhhhh....He meant TIRES!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
What setup did you go with? How does it ride?

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
It really has a nice stance now - great - :bigthumb:

-

-

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called up Doug at toytec and went with the 884's up front with the rear toytec coils part number FJ3-FRCC I believe. Great price, quick shipping, the ride is unbelievable. However coil-overs will be on the way for the front end. Hopefully soon, but this will get me by. Love it couldn't ask for anything better.
Now I need to find the treasure chest that is buried somewhere so that I can dump some more money into the rig. Thanks for all the great responses!!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
NICE!!!:bigthumb: Looks pretty cool!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Looks great

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
looks nice I need to do mine also!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ballkillerxxx,

I also talked to Doug and got the 884's. I can't notice the difference in the ride but it does corner better so I am verry happy. I have not upgraded the tires yet until the "ol ball and chain" says my tires are bad. I am going with Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70-17's..I just have to figure out what wheels to get. Now go to Mad Bear and have a pitcher on me !!! EastBay FJ

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Ballkillerxxx,

I also talked to Doug and got the 884's. I can't notice the difference in the ride but it does corner better so I am verry happy. I have not upgraded the tires yet until the "ol ball and chain" says my tires are bad. I am going with Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70-17's..I just have to figure out what wheels to get. Now go to Mad Bear and have a pitcher on me !!! EastBay FJ

Your wife has to tell you when the tires are bad,,,,,,,,,,,,? Just keep hitting every bump you can find on her side of the FJ and blame it on the tires. Before you get yourself set on the Nittos, check out the new Hankook atm RF10 tires. I posted some info in the tire section and there is a link in the vendor section under discount tires.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
looks nice, I'm in the same boat about the tires. The Mrs won't let me change them till they need to be replaced :lol:

I'm going to piggy back on your thread. My wife just got our FJ back today from the shop, went with the OME lift from man-a-fre heavy all the way around. Also had the ARB bull bar front bumper put on

~Colin

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kamisama it looks good! really like the stance. Ya I told myself I wouldn't hold out on the rubbers until I need them, it doesn't make sense to me to change them out just yet. I should but I think I can throw my money toward something else right now and get by with stocks. Your rig looks awesome though congrats!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts