Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had an 08 Trail Teams that I had built up. I loved that freaking rig!! I wrecked it last Nov., on my birthday none the less. ****ty present, the insurance company totaled it!! It wasn't that bad but if I bought it back it, it would have a salvaged title. So I had been on the hunt for a replacement. Almost bought a few 08 TTs, but they had to many miles. I tried to order the TT but we all know what happened. So I got this NSSE and I put the TT TRD wheels on it. I had the dealer put on the BF Goodwrench Km2 285/75/16 on it. Biggest tire I could squeeze on there without rubbing. Already emailed him to put the blackwall out on the tire. I can't wait to start my build up. Gonna be traveling a lot so this might take a lil while. Gonna put a real front and rear bumper, winch, snorkel, black billet, grab handles & shifter. I would like to beef up the suspension without putting to much of a lift on it. I am in a wheelchair and it is about the perfect height for me to hop in and out of. Maybe have 2 inches to play with. I was thinking about some coilovers with the remote res. I will quite rambling now and keep ya'll updated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Very nice! Sorry to hear about the old one...

·
Premium Member
16,936 Posts
Congrats on the new FJ!

·
Registered
368 Posts
B.F.Goodwrench? GM making tires now? Enjoy the new ride.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Man I had to double-check, with the roof rack and the black wheels that's pretty close to what a real TT should have been, except for the gauge cluster and the power outlet. Looking good!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Looks awesome!! I especially like the BF GoodRICH tires... ;)

Congrats!

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the new rig. welcome back.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks nice! You should go buy your parts (bumpers, etc) off your old one. One someone buys it to fix it you can probably get them for a lot less than starting over....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I am going to put in the gauge cluster. I have been reading your thread. Very informative, Looks like you took all the guess work out for me. I will let you know how it goes. I will also be installing the inverter. I might go with the factory one but I do already own a few much more powerful inverters. So I might beef it up a lil there.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yea I am going to put in the gauge cluster. I have been reading your thread. Very informative, Looks like you took all the guess work out for me. I will let you know how it goes. I will also be installing the inverter. I might go with the factory one but I do already own a few much more powerful inverters. So I might beef it up a lil there.
PLEASE, please let us know how the inverter project goes. I like the factory outlet plate, but agree that one can get a more powerful inverter. My question would be how to get the DC power back there (or where to put the inverter...).

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
Sorry to hear about your 08 but congrats on ur NSSE.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts