Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am finally joining you guys. After spending weeks and months looking for Magma, Red, Cavalry, decided I wanted Red, with all the bells and whistles. Every FJ I wanted all over the US (thats how much I searched), was all modded or tons of rust underneath, once I asked for undercarriage pics.

Got it:

2012 Trail Team Radiant red.
1 Owner
All Records from Toyota
71K miles
Bone stock
Just traded in today at 2pm

Bought a one way ticket. Paid for truck. Will get it home on Tuesday! Super excited for first time FJ here

Wife likes contrasting roof, so she wants to wrap the roof gloss black

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!
THANK YOU KINDLY. Long time Toyota/Lexus owner. Going to get rid of my LX570. Radiant Red!!

It was so frustrating on used market. Trying to get pics of all the buttons in front of shifter, crawl control pics. Glad its all behind me. Now the emptiness in my bank account :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello, sandFJ90210, welcome from Ohio!
Hope you have some fun adventures driving that FJ home

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!:smile Great choice red TT. You were smart to ask for undercarriage pics.
Funny thing is, top would be PERFECT Magma, Perfect yellow or Sandstorm, etc. Minute I asked for undercarriage, 50% people wouldn't respond. Out of the ones that responded, SO MUCH RUST. And I was staying away from the MI/NY/MN trucks. But even OKC trucks had rust that I saw.

Oh well, I am happy with the Southern RED. :)

·
Premium Member
16,344 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,659 Posts
Greetings from Rustyville, VT! You did a great job avoiding the dreaded car cancer, and I’m sure you’ll keep up with your RR undercairrage :wink Post pics as soon as you can! :blueblob:

·
Registered
829 Posts
That black wrap on the top is going to draw in a lot of heat. That’s why they originally did white on top to help reflect the heat. At least you aren’t permanently painting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Greetings from Rustyville, VT! You did a great job avoiding the dreaded car cancer, and I’m sure you’ll keep up with your RR undercairrage /forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_wink.png Post pics as soon as you can!
will post pics

Funny what some dealers in NH and MA consider “light rust”

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That black wrap on the top is going to draw in a lot of heat. That’s why thy originally did white on top to help reflect the heat. At least you aren’t permanently painting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
excellent

I will use that with the wifey to convince to keep it red 😄

I cant wait to hold my pep boys red steering wheel in hand 😄

Amyone know how i can tell what number TT it is? I saw people posting “i got xxx red TT”

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
congrats and welcome

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Congrats on the purchase...and have a safe drive home! Welcome from DC!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts