Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Brother

NO Soap box needed. I am on YOUR side. This is one of the mods, I DON'T WANT. I am not a person who mods for mods sake. All $1300 spent so far, has been for things I wanted to change (nav, led interior etc), or for my kids (steps, handles).

Also not sure of your sliders, I have the OEM ones on trail team - and you can't stand on them. Not enough room between slider and body to put your feet in, and the coating is slippery esque on my car...
I have the Shrockworks sliders. When you open both the front and rear doors there is room to stand on the sliders. A lot of people end up getting sliders that have a step plate. I didnt - I got the ones that tilt up toward the sides of the body but work fine for standing on for short periods of time while holding onto the roof rack (Prinsu). Here are a couple pics:

Also, you can add 3M grip tape like product to the sliders to make them a little less slippery.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey, Sand, did you get to drive your FJ to work today?? [fingers crossed]

Driving by my Toyota dealer at lunch today and two FJs showed up over the weekend - can slap a ladder on one and call it hers :lol:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hey, Sand, did you get to drive your FJ to work today?? [fingers crossed]

Driving by my Toyota dealer at lunch today and two FJs showed up over the weekend - can slap a ladder on one and call it hers
s2000 to airport. In hong kong and Tokyo this week

Hoping fj to work next week, when i am back stateside

HK vehicle - Toyota Alphard

Tokyo / G63

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Brother

NO Soap box needed. I am on YOUR side. This is one of the mods, I DON'T WANT. I am not a person who mods for mods sake. All $1300 spent so far, has been for things I wanted to change (nav, led interior etc), or for my kids (steps, handles).

Also not sure of your sliders, I have the OEM ones on trail team - and you can't stand on them. Not enough room between slider and body to put your feet in, and the coating is slippery esque on my car...
I have the Shrockworks sliders. When you open both the front and rear doors there is room to stand on the sliders. A lot of people end up getting sliders that have a step plate. I didnt - I got the ones that tilt up toward the sides of the body but work fine for standing on for short periods of time while holding onto the roof rack (Prinsu). Here are a couple pics:

Also, you can add 3M grip tape like product to the sliders to make them a little less slippery.
ah ok after market sliders!

Makes sense

I have the oem trail team ones

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Last of the mods:

Got home from tokyo with oem fogs

Did lamin x clear on headlights so they dont yellow and get chipped

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Mods completed today:

1) drilled holes for fog light wiring. Had to extend oem AUX light wiring

2) wire the relay- so instead of fog working when high beam on (as toyota wanted), now fog works completely independent of all lights . Big thanks to @jkjet @sni511per

3) add android auto and apple car play outlets

4) wire the fog light button so green indicator works when light is on

5) wire the foglight with other switches (rear diff lock), so that fog light button is orange when headlights are on like all instrument lights

Last mod left : ordered one more button- so that there are no more blanks

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
5/30/2019

Big thanks to @Don T and @DucRider for all the help and information. Big thanks to @Irving Zisman for the trick on the plugs. Big thanks to @SilvFx and @Iconic_ and @Sanderhawk for all the information as well.

• New OEM Sparkplugs
  • 5 Tire rotation
  • Front Diff Fluid
  • Rear Diff Fluid
  • Transfer Case
  • Transmission Drain and Fill
  • Power Steering Flush

81 - 100 of 113 Posts