Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
@Moonpie finally figured out a reason NOT to get a ladder....... because with ladder can't open the rear window to vent :smile

After 3 month of searching, finally found a third row seat for the FJ. It can be mounted forward facing or rearward facing. Took about 2.5 hours to install by myself. Came out great. Kids loved it. I could see using it for the next 24-30 months or so. Here are the pics

Pictures show setting up the seat. Drilling. Full install. Then a view from driver seat, how the rear headrests look.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
1) all interior led - needed as interior too dark 2) rear tail, reverse, license plate, mirror led -unnecessary and expensive mod
3) driver armrest refoam -needed, plastic was hitting arm
4) rear fj spare cover - unnecessary
5) rear door faded window trim
6) carplay/new headunit pioneer installed
7) grab handles for rear passenger - necessary for kids
8) oem JDM fogs
9) 3rd row seat
10) engine splash guards

$1601

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
@Moonpie finally figured out a reason NOT to get a ladder....... because with ladder can't open the rear window to vent :smile

After 3 month of searching, finally found a third row seat for the FJ. It can be mounted forward facing or rearward facing. Took about 2.5 hours to install by myself. Came out great. Kids loved it. I could see using it for the next 24-30 months or so. Here are the pics

Pictures show setting up the seat. Drilling. Full install. Then a view from driver seat, how the rear headrests look.
That third row looks awesome. Just like OEM. Are you planning to do a detailed post on the install? Would you mind sharing the link for the seats? Thanks

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
That third row looks awesome. Just like OEM. Are you planning to do a detailed post on the install? Would you mind sharing the link for the seats? Thanks
Mr. Bourne

Thank you foe the compliments on the seat. I am using it daily, and so far its been the most useful mod to the FJ.

I dont have a direct link to the seat, as I just searched all online forums to find it. Getting it from Manilla these days is easiest.

Instructions I just threw together for you:

1. Bolt the base to the seat with the short fine thread bolts. Bold the seat belt retractors to the back of the seat with the longer coarse thread bolts.
2. Strip the rear of the FJ down to metal.
3. Position the seat to where you want it, you can see on my pictures where we had it in relation to the contours of the floor pan.
4. Mark the holes that will correspond to the big holes in the brackets. Drill those holes. Bolt the seat to make sure it all lines up. This is hard without extra hands.
5. Once everything is good with the big bolts. climb underneath and mark for the small bolts in the brackets. Unbolt everything and drill those holes. Bolt the brackets in with the small bolts so they're captive.
6. Put the big bolts in from the bottom so that you can feel them through the rubber rear liner piece when you set it in. Cut around the bolts. Take them out from the bottom and install them from the top with the seat.
7. Now it's just those four bolts to remove to pull the seat. Takes 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Mr. Bourne

Thank you foe the compliments on the seat. I am using it daily, and so far its been the most useful mod to the FJ.

I dont have a direct link to the seat, as I just searched all online forums to find it. Getting it from Manilla these days is easiest.

1. Bolt the base to the seat with the short fine thread bolts. Bold the seat belt retractors to the back of the seat with the longer coarse thread bolts.
3. Position the seat to where you want it, you can see on my pictures where we had it in relation to the contours of the floor pan.
4. Mark the holes that will correspond to the big holes in the brackets. Drill those holes. Bolt the seat to make sure it all lines up. This is hard without extra hands.
5. Once everything is good with the big bolts. climb underneath and mark for the small bolts in the brackets. Unbolt everything and drill those holes. Bolt the brackets in with the small bolts so they're captive.
6. Put the big bolts in from the bottom so that you can feel them through the rubber rear liner piece when you set it in. Cut around the bolts. Take them out from the bottom and install them from the top with the seat.
Thank you. Much appreciated. Did you search for generic 3rd row seats or anything specific for the FJ? Thanks again

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Mr. Bourne

Thank you. Much appreciated. Did you search for generic 3rd row seats or anything specific for the FJ? Thanks again
i searched for FJ specific seats only, that didnt require different bases etc

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Had a great time with the FJ this weekend. I towed for the first time with it. Total towing was 717 miles. Was surprised at the MPG. Was expecting 8-9MPG. But average was 14.7-15.8mpg, which I was very happy with it.

At initial towing, first 50 miles, trans temp were in the 208-210 range. Then put it to 4th gear and kept it there, and trans temp dropped to 185-188 the whole way. Thus left it in 4th gear rest of the highway trip and there were no hiccups.

FJ did fantastic on the sand. The K02 dropped down to 10 PSI, and didn't get stuck and didn't have to use any recovery gear at all, which was nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
5.5 hours today, to give it a full clean up, interior and exterior detail. There was TONS Of sand everywhere, even though I had windows up and A/C on 90% of the time. The night sandstorms didn't help, got the sand everywhere! Can't wait to get out there again.

Attachments

101 - 113 of 113 Posts