Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
AWSOME! looks great..what bars are you useing on your stock rack...that second picture looks very peacefull.....awsome pics thanks for sharing..

·
Registered
387 Posts
sweet... I better look into those racks... I need something like that

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sweet looking!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very nice! The boat and the truck!

How do you like fly fishing from the kayak? I'm constatnly back and forth over a kayak or a packable pontoon. With the kayak I could paddle to so many palces to fish but with the pontoon I could pack into so many more palces that I couldn't get the kayak to. What are your like/dislikes about kayak fishing?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! The boat and the truck!

How do you like fly fishing from the kayak? I'm constatnly back and forth over a kayak or a packable pontoon. With the kayak I could paddle to so many palces to fish but with the pontoon I could pack into so many more palces that I couldn't get the kayak to. What are your like/dislikes about kayak fishing?
I am just starting with the kayak, but so far it is a BLAST! This is the first fish ever from a kayak, and let me tell you, this thing towed me around for a while and I don't think I've ever had so much fun with a fish on the line. Very exciting. You definitely need to think about line management and casting style from the kayak, but I really enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Fly fishing from the kayak looks like SO much fun! To heck with the FJ.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks great with the FJ, FLY fishing looks pretty fun!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Looks like a great time! Almost looks like it should be a factory option, lol.

I've been looking at kayaks for a month or so and haven't found one yet. What brand is that?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like a great time! Almost looks like it should be a factory option, lol.

I've been looking at kayaks for a month or so and haven't found one yet. What brand is that?
That's a Wilderness Systems Ride 135. I just got it and am new at kayaking, but it is really stable and very comfortable. I don't know where you are but there's a place in Virginia that has about 2,300 canoes and kayaks in stock. If you can't find one you like there, you aren't looking!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yak fishing RULES!:rocker: I have a Tarpon 160i and a Malibu Extreme. Been yak fishin fer bout 6 years. I bought my FJ specifically for getting to secluded beaches in Baja. Some pics......

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy crap dude!! Nice fish on a yak. I have a Tarpon 160 also that a friend gave to me.

Do you have a better picture of how you're hauling both kayaks? I want to carry both as soon as this weekend but just have the crossbars at this point. I can't figure out from your picture exactly how you're doing that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have an RV Inno in 406 kayak cradle. Pain in the arse to load by yourself.

A friend of mine uses a Thule 830 kayak stacker and I think it's better than the Inno. Yakima also makes one, but I have'nt seen it in person.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Aw man, you all are making me jumpy on getting a kayak! Nice pics guys.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
nice! Lowrider works well. If you think it's a bit of a pain, try the Hully Rollers (I have them and they make it easy to roll it on), or even the Hullivator!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts