Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Then i ask well if its still pulling but its allinged will the tires wear uneven he says no is that true?

Its going to another dealer to get checked out but i need input guys now that you have heard the full story.
If it's pulling, then you're constantly adjusting. It will wear unevenly.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
omg than i need to figure this out asap because if my 1500.00 toyos get screwed im going to be so pissed.

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Did you put the spare on that corner to eliminate the tire/wheel?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
no why should i there all brand new tires less than 2k on them/

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Exactly, the rim could have bent or a belt on the tire may have separated. It's not that unusual. Changing out that tire will remove those 2 variables from the equation.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
i will try that so just change the front right right.

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
If that's the one that hit, then just change out that one tire/wheel combo and take it for a drive. That's what I would do.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would work from the firewall down (i.e. steering column.) If available, pair up with another FJ and open the hood and check for differences. Maybe there visible, maybe not. First guess would be simple...alignment. Well, you got that checked out and came back clean, by my count you have had two done? I've taken some pretty hard hits and bottomed out a few times but a simple alignment has always done the trick. Get another look from a different guy and see if anything comes up. I run TOYO's too and I understand about keeping them as long as possible. Good luck and keep us updated!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
k i am going to change out the tire today ill let you know if it helps at all

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
cant change the tire i bought the wrong jack omg im going to the dealer on monday a different one just happens to be the main competition for my dealer so this should help matters but ill tell them your guys ideas. I need to figure this out asap or its getting traded when the tires go bad.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Wrong jack??? I wouldn't panic at this point. Just do a little troubleshooting. A couple of questions; how hard did you hit (i.e. how fast were you going and what happened) and how bad does it pull. You may have told us already, but I don't have a feel for it. Have you spent time under the FJ checking things out and just looking. Surely a competent Toyota service department can find the problem.. Just trying to help.. Ron

PS: If it all goes to hell, you always trade them off before things really go bad..:bandit:

cant change the tire i bought the wrong jack omg im going to the dealer on monday a different one just happens to be the main competition for my dealer so this should help matters but ill tell them your guys ideas. I need to figure this out asap or its getting traded when the tires go bad.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
well i bought a 2 ton jack for better stability but no good points to jack it up on tried frame not high enough but thats not a huge deal.

But to answer youre questions maybe going less than 10 mph through the hole 4-7 is more like it. Hit it not too hard but i think i hit the skid plate and part of the exhaust because there is a little crease in the pipe. As soon as i let go of the steering wheel the steering wheel goes to the right at about 20-30 degrees goes fine for 10 feet than pulls not hard but enough if you take youre hand off for more than 3 seconds youre going in the ditch. Also the steering wheel is not straight meaning when im going straight its actually tilted to the right and if its straight im going a little left. Please help give me a list that the dealer can check in a matter of 1 hour so when i go to the dealership on monday they can check the things out.

I did check underneath noughting looks out of the ordinary. Doesnt mean something is bent a little bit and i just cant tell. But here is a scenario worst case other dealer cant find out whats wrong what am i supposed to do? How long till my tires are screwed are we talking couple hundred miles or a couple thousand. Because ive driven it like 250 miles like this.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
It's possible to do serious damage in 250 miles and ruin a tire in 2000, but it's only one tire.. right.. Something is seriously wrong.. Leave it at the dealer until they find the problem.. Ron

well i bought a 2 ton jack for better stability but no good points to jack it up on tried frame not high enough but thats not a huge deal.

But to answer youre questions maybe going less than 10 mph through the hole 4-7 is more like it. Hit it not too hard but i think i hit the skid plate and part of the exhaust because there is a little crease in the pipe. As soon as i let go of the steering wheel the steering wheel goes to the right at about 20-30 degrees goes fine for 10 feet than pulls not hard but enough if you take youre hand off for more than 3 seconds youre going in the ditch. Also the steering wheel is not straight meaning when im going straight its actually tilted to the right and if its straight im going a little left. Please help give me a list that the dealer can check in a matter of 1 hour so when i go to the dealership on monday they can check the things out.

I did check underneath noughting looks out of the ordinary. Doesnt mean something is bent a little bit and i just cant tell. But here is a scenario worst case other dealer cant find out whats wrong what am i supposed to do? How long till my tires are screwed are we talking couple hundred miles or a couple thousand. Because ive driven it like 250 miles like this.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
that blows because i dont have a another car

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I have been following this tread. If they already checked for alignment twice, then nothing is wrong with the steering, but it may be with suspension or brakes, after all it was a BUMP. I would check height in all four corners. Distance from center of wheel to fender, from bumper to ground. I am pretty sure one front corner is lower.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You need to get a second opinoin from another dealer, or a 4x4 shop. I've had minor alingment issues after riding hard, it comes with the sport and should be accepted. That applies to any jeep or truck.

If that dealer spent two hours on it and still admitted there was a problem, find a mechanic that works with offroad vehicles. Save the warranty for true manufacture deficiencies like the knob on the Fjammer.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.