Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tried to make it out to Olallie Lake area but didnt get far ( only made it 15 miles east of HWY 22 from Detroit ) still alot of snow out there. So turned back around and took some roads around Detroit Lake, a few of the roads we had to turn back around due to snow or down-tree's ( I didnt take the chain saw with me :flame:) otherwise I could have just cut these down tree's and kept going. Then I found this trail that turned out being the power line trail and followed it for a few miles, really nice. A few rough/tight spots for us but we made out just fine (considering were still new to real off roading adn the FJ is stock)
This is the begining of one trail...

Some back wheel Flexin'

Then we decided that the FJ needed a bath :clap::clap::clap:

Continueing on the trail, it was a little steep

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Then I noticed this while on the trail, poor guy but what the hell was he doing up here with a car?

Then we got to the hardest part by far, this part was really steep. My wife was driving and I was trying to guide her :lol:
This had a couple deep drops that I had her straddle and manuever over some down tree's. My 11 year old son was taking these pics here so the pics didnt come out good here :silly::)

Here, I am standing in one of the holes and building up one side of it will a fat log.

It's a big drop then lifts right back up. I know its kind of hard to tell in these pics

With the help of the log I positioned, we made it out with some bumps and scrapes on the front bumper and skid plate :)

Going back again for Memorial Day weekend if anyone wants to join us, and hopefully more of the snow will have melted by then.

Rueben

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yeah your son did a great job. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

I especially like some of those splash pics....those would have been contenders for the pic of the month the other month when the theme was best splash :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Harm, looks like you and the family had fun. Your son did a great job on the photos. Thanks for posting.
Thank you, it was alot of fun. Our first time really off roading in the FJ.

Yeah your son did a great job. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

I especially like some of those splash pics....those would have been contenders for the pic of the month the other month when the theme was best splash :)
Haha, I know I thought the same thing but I'm about a month or so late, oh well.

Hey guys, we are going back there again in the next week or so and again for Memorial weekend if anyone wants to tag along. Let me know.

Rueben

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice pics.

Going out alone is not really safe, but I am not the person to preach about that.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Thanks for posting. Heading up that way in early June and will do some off-roading with my kids who live in Walled lake. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we dont know too many other people who off road, and the one's we do know were busy, we didnt intend on doing such trails but once we were out there we did. I knew they werent that bad of trails which they werent, except the part with the deep hole, which we made it out fine with only minor bumps/scrapes to the front bumper. All in all was a fun day.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Nice documentation of your inaugural voyage. The nw Fj Club is supposed to be hosting some runs soon i think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts