Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some gnarly wheelin today.... scrubbed the frame a bit, lower rear shock mount... and some bar under the drivers side, near drivers door... I see the need for skid plates, rock rails, front locker, y pipe.... and much more.. The FJ performed flawlessly.. the mickey thompson mtz's were great.....

i have a couple pics... but don't know how to post them...

:ninja:

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
went wheelin west of rio rancho, nm. there was some cool terrain... sand washes, steep trails, technical sections.... some stuff i wouldn't attempt with my rig though.... my buddies 85' runner has 35's, crawler gear box, front and rear arb lockers.... long remote resevoir shocks... rock crawler...

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
went wheelin west of rio rancho, nm. there was some cool terrain... sand washes, steep trails, technical sections.... some stuff i wouldn't attempt with my rig though.... my buddies 85' runner has 35's, crawler gear box, front and rear arb lockers.... long remote resevoir shocks... rock crawler...
Where are you located, we have a group that wheels that area on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I assume you plan to lift?? Armour mods are a little heavy and will bring you closer to the ground. I have done some gnarly stuff pre lift but much happier after it. I'm actually on my 3rd lift configuration now so if you plan to keep wheeling I suggest to spend a little more for something that will last and you will be happy with. I could of had a full Icon setup with what I spent on lift parts by now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a lift is a must... had OME on my taco... but perhaps something like race runners might be in order... i would love the full total chaos package but.. $$$

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was way fun but i'm feeling little guilty for scrubbing the frame and stuff... i guess skids and a lift will repair that remorse..... :rocker:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like a Rio Rancho meet in the making. I live on Southern, across from the post office. We can meet up here in a couple of weeks, and maybe by then I'll FINALLY figure out what freaking coil overs I want to pick up, and maybe actually purchase them by then. DATA OVERLOAD!!!
Ct..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like a Rio Rancho meet in the making. I live on Southern, across from the post office. We can meet up here in a couple of weeks, and maybe by then I'll FINALLY figure out what freaking coil overs I want to pick up, and maybe actually purchase them by then. DATA OVERLOAD!!!
Ct..
overload for sure.... money and mind....:mecry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm thinkin...SCREW IT! I'm going to put on skids and a winch instead. I'm not overly worried about not running a stock amount of lift, and I like the feel of the stock Bilsteins. I'll look at a coil over later, but for now, there is no clear leader, and certainly nothing that I look at and say WOW:eyemouth::eyemouth:. It will also give me a chance to ride in some of you all's riggs and see what seems to make the best sense. I'm really looking forward to getting out with you all. We've been camping a lot lately instead, and enjoying time with the family that way. In the fall, I think that will change and give me some more time. ]

Jack,
I have been in your spot with my mother in law. It's a *****, but can be done. If you need to chat, let me know.

for the rest of you, I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I run a forum like this, and it's a great thing. Should we push for a NM specific sub forum like the AZ folks have?
Ct..
overload for sure.... money and mind....:mecry:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ct..
I live off Sara, maybe a half mile from you. If you ever need help installing anything, let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Did some gnarly wheelin today.... scrubbed the frame a bit, lower rear shock mount... and some bar under the drivers side, near drivers door... I see the need for skid plates, rock rails, front locker, y pipe.... and much more.. The FJ performed flawlessly.. the mickey thompson mtz's were great.....

i have a couple pics... but don't know how to post them...

:ninja:
My suggestion for you would be this order:
Sliders,
Skid plates,
lift

Everything else can wait. With the right driver skill, lockers can be an absolute last resort (you have that left foot down there with nothing to do for a reason!).

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice pics!!:rocker:

Sounds like you definitely need some armor, so slome skids and some sliders should do the the trick, as well as a good lift, I recommend the Icons!!!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.