Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 08 FJ for 2 months. After 2 heavy rains, I've noticed the front/passenger seat belt is drenched...apparently water leaks down into the door. My FJ is at the dealership right now...they "cannot duplicate the condition" and don't see a problem. They checked the roof rack and weatherstripping... Anyone have the same problem?? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Macleod- Thanks for taking the time to respond to my note...and linking me to the related Posts...it was very helpful! As soon as I read them I called the dealer and asked them to replace the weatherstripping on the rt. clamshell door. After a bit, they said they finally "duplicated the conditions" (physically saw the leak)... and ordered the weatherstripping. They had my FJ for 3 days. I'm waiting for a heavy rain to verify that the seatbelts stay dry.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
the 07 has a TSB for water leaking at rear doors not sure it includes 08.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just dropped mine off for the same problem. '08, 07/08 build date.

And after reading other posts... it kinda chaps my a** that I am having this problem after people had to have it fixed in '06.

Did anyone get their dealships to do anything about water damage?
In case there is premature rust, etc in the door or the belt, seat or headliner start to smell after the water?

·
Registered
1 Posts
had my 07 fixed for water leaking too, now here is the update. I had a passenger in the car(rare for me) seat belt would not retract. upon opening the door panel and checking the mechanism guess what it is rusted solid. talked to Toyota, they are not going to warranty it. REALLY??? Yeah those two are not directly related lol. By the way it leaks like a sieve still all the weather strip update does is change the waters location in stead of falling directly on the actual seat belt material, it now falls about a 1/2 to the left right on the clock spring(retract) mechanism, I guess I do not have to say what the inside bottom of the door looks like. curious, take your door panel off and wash your car, it will be soaked updated weather stripping or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts