Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is there a tire advertisement on every thread?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Nitto Tire Spam

Nitto Tire is not even a vendor, but their spam post is somehow stickied in a ton (but not all) of the sub forums on this site. It would be an appropriate post in the "Wheels & Tires" sub forum, but not in the regional forums, or many of the others in which it appears. Redundant advertising posts are spam, no matter where they come from.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Re: Nitto Tire Spam

Nitto Tire is not even a vendor, but their spam post is somehow stickied in a ton (but not all) of the sub forums on this site. It would be an appropriate post in the "Wheels & Tires" sub forum, but not in the regional forums, or many of the others in which it appears. Redundant advertising posts are spam, no matter where they come from.

Lee, can you report the posts you are referring to?

I haven't seen what you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
The "poster" is PostRelease. It's not an actual thread in the sense of normal threads you can post to. AFAIK, it is something to do with them being an advertiser. We (mods) were told not to delete threads made by "PostRelease", though, i can't delete whatever that is anyways.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yeah, it's not a real post. It's more of a fake post that is hardwired into the forum somehow to look like a real post... and splattered all over the place.

It's annoying that this spamvertiser gets huge precedence over our vendors. Not that I want to see ads for our vendors at the top of random sub forums throughout the site. :lol:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, I was just in the market for five new tires.
Nitto adspam can't/won't be removed from this forum, however,
their tires were 'banned' from my search.

Purchased another brand through Discount Tire which provided plenty of alternatives.

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, it's ArmorAll now... Do these ads show up for paying members as well?

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it makes you feel any better, it's ArmorAll now... Do these ads show up for paying members as well?
I think the question is "How much do we have to pay not to see these ads?" I thought being a paying member was to eliminate ads on every thread? I just don't like that type of advertising at all and would gladly donate so I didn't have to see them.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Try disabling the IntelliTXT Ads, it is selectable by all members.
Thanks.....But that didn't work. I'm talking about the ads at the top of a category section on forum that looks like a post. It was tire ads last week and now it seems everyone needs to know about Armor All...

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Hmmm, I don't see them. I'm not running anything special, like ad blocker or anything. I have IntelliTXT Ads disabled and Sidebar disabled. I never saw them as a non-supporting member or before I became a mod either.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts