Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2011 4WD AT. Looking at trading a 2008 Tacoma Regular Cab Sr5 Prerunner 4 cyl. manual trans.

Besides packages and options, what considerations should I have on the unit or the dealer? I'm actually looking at paying less than invoice. For the extended warranty I'm considering 6/100K platinum from Acton Toyota online at $800 but will give my dealer a chance to match. (I know, but I've bought warranties on models new to me and since I don't keep my vehicles that long I either get a prorata refund or it helps me sell them.)

Any other important considerations?

·
Registered
18 Posts
my dealer threw in the 7/100 bumper to bumper, i had to get up and walk out of the dealership 3 times, but it was worth it!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I bought the extended warranty on mine. My dealer gives free oil changes for the life of the warranty. I justified it that I paid for my oil changes up front--and also have some peace of mind should something go wrong.

Glad I did it. :bigthumb: Although the dealer always tries to sell me air filters, cabin filters, wiper blades, and tire rotations when I go in. I tell them to stop selling me and I'll give a better review on the customer service survey.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is a member on this board that referred me to a dealership in MD to purchase the warranty. It was a lot cheaper, a lot more coverage, and a lot easier than buying from the dealer where I bought the truck. Knowing I'm a long term owner, it is comforting to know any issue other than maintenance is covered for the next 8 years.

I would have definitely bought a maintenance plan up front if it wasn't so expensive and limiting. As it is, I'm having a hard time believing I can change my oil every 10k. I'd love to change it myself on a Saturday morning in the interim, but it is easier to take it to a dealer. What are you guys paying for a regular oil change on the 2010/2011 with the synthetic 0W20 (an additional oil change other than the 4 included)?

·
Registered
862 Posts
If you plan on taking it out and wheeling, get the extended warranty, I've taken mine in a quite a few times to get the rear diff fixed, axle's changed, and glass repaired. All for nothing out of pocket. It's worth it, and I've still got over 36 months/79,000 miles of coverage left......

·
Registered
862 Posts
There is a member on this board that referred me to a dealership in MD to purchase the warranty. It was a lot cheaper, a lot more coverage, and a lot easier than buying from the dealer where I bought the truck. Knowing I'm a long term owner, it is comforting to know any issue other than maintenance is covered for the next 8 years.

I would have definitely bought a maintenance plan up front if it wasn't so expensive and limiting. As it is, I'm having a hard time believing I can change my oil every 10k. I'd love to change it myself on a Saturday morning in the interim, but it is easier to take it to a dealer. What are you guys paying for a regular oil change on the 2010/2011 with the synthetic 0W20 (an additional oil change other than the 4 included)?
I can take mine to the Jiffy Lube up the street and get mine done for $19.95(includes Military discount) and they top off/lube everything.....Not bad compared to $39.95 at the dealer, but I do take it in for scheduled maintenance, I do recommend that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts