Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To see old friends, meet people I've only talked to on the forums and making new friends! I can't tell you how awesome the community is! Not only did we receive the help we needed to get out there but it's truly a beautiful huge family we have here :) who would of thought such a diverse group with a vehicle in common could become such a close, caring, and fun group.

I'd also like to say to the folks we had a pleasure leading on the trails made for some great trail experiences as well!

Seth, Ty!, Jared, once again you guys pulled off an event so smoothly.

I was promised and am making a promise that we WILL make it to every Summit from this point forward.

I may just be emotional with the pregnancy hormones or something but I'm just overwhelmed by this experience this year. (So much to the fact I can't seem to get back into work mode :lol: )

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
2x that, It was great seeing friends that I met last year and meeting new ones this, Matt and his lady, Chris and his lady, Paul, Eric, Hermann and his lady, Cody and his lady. And its always a blast meeting folks that you have talked with and then getting to put a face to the name. Sorry if I left anyone off.

With any luck I'll kick off my Alaska trip from the Summit!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Agreed! Nice chatting with ya again, Athena, and seeing you and Bill again after a few years.

And, thanks for helpin' out with the kids' raffle, Sarge!

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
It was nice to finally meet you, Bill, and the kids! I also agree that the summit was awesome. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't tell Bill I told you but I think he's got this whole sympathy pregnancy like no other if it makes you feel better. I'm surprised he wasn't praying to the porcelain god with me :lol:

·
Registered
936 Posts
2x that, It was great seeing friends that I met last year and meeting new ones this, Matt and his lady, Chris and his lady, Paul, Eric, Hermann and his lady, Cody and his lady. And its always a blast meeting folks that you have talked with and then getting to put a face to the name. Sorry if I left anyone off.

With any luck I'll kick off my Alaska trip from the Summit!
X3 or more, after 3 summits I'am amazed at the number of people I have met and gotten to know and unfortunately there just isn't enough time/chance to get to meet even more. It is very cool to get together with other people who share the same passion for the FJ and getting out into the backcountry with their rigs. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome!! This was our 3rd :rocker:

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Ooooo, I feel so special. I didn't realize I fell into such a distinct (only 16) "Fellowship of Fourth Timers". :lol:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Did someone yell for Jeebus? :D great seeing everyone, and I second Athena's first comment.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Athena hit the ball out of the park, this being my 5th Summit, makes it the best one so far, the guys do a great job on this event.

The people on the trails and the locals are all so friendly. Such a wonderful place, the beauty of the area and the locals is amazing. We are going back this winter, to see if we can survive there year around. If so it will not belong before we are permanent residents. But if the weather is to tough, we will be buying a summer house there next year it appears.

All that and I am not pregnant. I think it is in the water. You just seem to start smiling the instant you get close to the place.

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Every other year we go there for Thanksgiving.. The town gets dumped on (snow wise) but it's absolutely gorgeous then too. Very romantic "Christmas town"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts