Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who competed in the naming the stereo system contest received any information as to whether or not they are a contender or if a name has been selected?

Not really important, I know, I was just curious.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Actually I did. I got some crap about naming Toyota's Uniqiue Sound System. So , on my way to a meeting, i filled it out and named it T.U.S.S. (toyota's unique sound system) I know its lame but thats the crap that usually what wins. So, if that becomes the cheesy name, you all know its me !!!! I have you all as witnesses :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I submitted, "Rock Box". Thought it was fitting, but I haven't heard anything about it since then. I am wondering when they plan on letting people know who won that contest. I HATE WAITING. Did I mention that I am the least patient person on this forum?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did you even hear what the prize was for naming the stereo. I haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanna say that it was for an opportunity to win an FJ. But I am probably just fantasizing on that one!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Percy said:
I submitted, "Rock Box". Thought it was fitting, but I haven't heard anything about it since then.
I submitted Trail Audio (Package) for the upgraded system. It's simple and to the point, just like the FJC and hints at the offroad nature. I thought about Trail Rated Audio but didn't want to go there :) I haven't heard anything either and had actually completely forgotten about it until now. I don't care too much about the stereo as I'm a Ham Radio operator and will probably have other equipment installed to play with!

Jason

·
Registered
166 Posts
maybe EVERYONE should call Toyota at their 800 give no info number and ask who won, what's the prize and when can we all pick up our trucks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The true test of their sound system is how long will it take for me to destroy it. I have never sold or donated a vehicle with an intact sound sytem. My record for breaking it is two hours after I bought the vehicle. The cassette wouldn't go in, so I got mad and jammed it in breaking lots of stuff inside the head unit. The radio still worked, but about a week later I blew all my speakers. :D

·
Registered
988 Posts
I can't think of a catchy name for the sound system , but I will say that for an SUV that you can take to all corners of the earth , I'm really surprised that satellite radio wasn't standard issue.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yoyoyo said:
maybe EVERYONE should call Toyota at their 800 give no info number and ask who won, what's the prize and when can we all pick up our trucks.
Good idea - so when did they say we can pick up our trucks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good heavens you lot keep going on about Xm radio.
I had never heard about it until today!

Still I live in that little backwater called London, so I guess it figures.
Perhaps I should come over and see what is going on your side of the water?

I am interested in any coments about the NXT DML headliner in the FJ?

I like the look of it but I do hope it is the last of these bad boy cars- How come we are not all flying around on jet packs and anti-grav zoomers by now?

Here in London the car is getting to be a serious problem and not a source of mobility and pleasure. It can not go on like this.
(off my soap box!)

The weather is nippy in the morning/evening but lovely crisp spring airs in the day.
Regards Zog man.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I work in I.T.

We don't have flying cars yet because people cannot figure out how double-click. If they can't operate a mouse giving them the ability to utilize three planes of travel, up/down, left/right, forward/reverse is going to be WAY too much.

In other words - we won't have flying cars until stupid people stop having kids. Judging from our choice in politicians over here - that ain't ever gonna happen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts