Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching all over here for days looking at all the body mount chop threads and it looks like most of you that have upgraded to an aftermarket wheel and tire (with lift) have done the chop. Im curious to see what aftermarket tire/wheel setups have been used that did NOT require a chop. Please post specs including wheel offset, tire size and what lift you used if you HAVENT done the chop and are cruising with no rub. Thx.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
spend some time in the wheel and tire forum.... There are just way to many combinations. It's just too hard to say all 33" won't rub. Too many factors tire width... wheel offset... etc.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Literally some wheels and tires will fit.

Others may not.

Besides the wheels and tires themselves, other factors include lifts and
UCAs, spacers etc.

Send DiscountTire a PM and tell them what you want. They'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Please post specs including wheel offset, tire size and what lift you used if you HAVENT done the chop and are cruising with no rub. Thx.
See my signature below - no body chop required.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spend some time in the wheel and tire forum.... There are just way to many combinations. It's just too hard to say all 33" won't rub. Too many factors tire width... wheel offset... etc.
Well I was hoping for posts just like the one from "Lonesome Dave", that would give me some specific replies with what they were running with no chop. Can anyone else contribute?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
You've gotten four helpful responses including Dave's, you could take some time, look around the forum, send some PMs to people who have some combos you like or talk to a supporting vendor to see what they suggest or you could wait for people to spoon feed you but you may be waiting a while. You could start here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/11271-post-all-rims-tires-out-there.html

Check my sig for my wheels/tires... no rub, no chop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts