Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I will be ordering a new FJ in April..I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.
1. What has been the lead time for ordering and deliverly?
2. I don't do any foo road trail driving..right now...but might later. I will be towing about 2,000 lbs in a trailer/vintage race car..So I am worried about ordering the off road package and its effects to my highway driving..Comments?
3. Any options that I should have? I plan on ordering the tow package, roof rack and stereo option...doesn't leave much else. I also figure to change out to a K&N intake..maybe the cat back exhaust as well.

Thanks for the comments!

·
Banned
7,381 Posts
Well from what you want in #3 that will pretty much cover it. The offroad package wont affect your towing of 2000# and as for ordering/time for delivery it kind of varies on what color you want and if you want the auto or manual. They can usually find one within a couple hundred miles and have it transferred to your dealer or see one that fits your needs coming to the us soon and get it allocated to your dealership.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
For me, the one must have is the locking rear differential. You may not care about it now, but when you'll be glad that you have it when you need it.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^ agreed. I also agree with Dofj. The factory rack is nice, but for the cost you'd be better off going after market. In case you were not aware, if you can, get one with a locking rear diff, but no A-trac. I don't know what the price of the A-trac option is but as is heavily discussed on here, it's just a switch. You have to have the rear diff lock, and if you do just buy the A-trac button (like $50) plug it in, and tada you have A-trac, as opposed to the, probably $300 the factory will charge you for it. I know this works on all others thus far, so I don't see why this wouldn't work with an '11.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm in the process of ordering one now so I've researched this a bit. Ordering one is not that easy. The dealers really don't want to do that-they prefer selling one already in stock even though it may be quite differently equiped than you wish.

At any rate, for me the convenience package & the upgrade package are must haves. They have practically everything in them. If you have these the off road package only adds a set of shocks. I'm ordering one without a rack, without rock rails, etc, adding them with better aftermarket equipment.

I want the center armrest, towing hitch, TRD quickshifter (I'm getting the manual trans), wheel locks, VIP alarm, all weather cargo mat for the back, doorsill enhancements (vanity speaking here) but all of these can be added by the dealer.

So the only essentials, in my view, are the color (how I wish they still had SunFusion) and the two packages.

I'm told to expect a 90-120 day delivery time. Who knows, other cars I've ordered have arrived in half the estimated time.

Good luck-to you & to me both.

siskiyou2

·
Registered
535 Posts
I mentioned in another thread that my dealer has supposedly ordered me a vehicle, but some three weeks after they entered the information into the Toyota system they still have no "confirmation" they can give me.

So in summary, I have no idea if a vehicle is actually being built for me or not - completely unlike every other manufacturer where you can print out a confirmation as soon as the order is accepted.

I figure if April rolls around with no vehicle I'll just punt and buy something else. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts