Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking the get all weather floor mats and was curious if there are any that have a ridge around it to keep water, snow etc in the mat. The OEM ones don't look like they would. Any suggestions or comments????
Thanks
Jim C

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I have the Husky Liners and I am happy with them. Have to be a little careful taking them out when the snow turns into water and need to dump it out but as far as holding water in they work great for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I just bought the rugged ridge mats, and they are very substantial, thick and heavy. They would outlast the vehicle. Plus they fit well and line up with the factory clips. But there are two styles for earler and later FJ's so make sure you get the correct ones if you go that route. But I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I used to buy Weathertech and never had a complaint. Unfortunately, they do not make the digital fit mats for our FJ's. Therefore I bought Husky as well and they have been fantastic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's input. I went with the Rugged Ridge ones off the CSE Offroad website. They were a lot cheaper...

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I have the Husky Liners and they have been great. They have held up over the years but when it comes time to get some new ones I will be looking at the Rugged Ridge.

·
Banned
11 Posts
I bought the Rugged Ridge before Christmas. I only bought the front ones for now, but they are awesome! They will definitely last forever. Plan on going with the rugged ridge for the rear row pretty soon.

·
Registered
120 Posts
For Christmas I got a set of "semi custom" cut-to-fit style. They were about $60 for front and rear plus the rear cargo area mat.

At first I was not happy but not wanting to seem ungrateful I went ahead and started to get them to fit.

The rear cargo area was easy and I am very happy with that, and then the front passenger and driver were pretty easy as well. The passenger was easy but the driver had to be cut for the foot rest.

I have yet to get the rear seat mats installed since those will be a bit more "custom"

All in all, I'm mildly optimistic!

·
Registered
310 Posts
QUESTION TO RESPONDENTS: Before I pull the trigger and order a set of Rugged Ridge I checked out their website. What I found were front floor mats for 2012-13 FJ's ...but in parenthesis is said (Automatic). My question is whether your FJ's are all automatic or if anyone has the model # for the floor mats that fit a manual?????

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I run weathertechs up front, nothing in the back since no one is ever back there. They are great, and fit like a glove. Just gotta make sure you have those blasted hooks to keep em place.

·
Registered
162 Posts
QUESTION TO RESPONDENTS: Before I pull the trigger and order a set of Rugged Ridge I checked out their website. What I found were front floor mats for 2012-13 FJ's ...but in parenthesis is said (Automatic). My question is whether your FJ's are all automatic or if anyone has the model # for the floor mats that fit a manual?????
If it helps...the link I posted on the first page of this thread is to my post of these mats with pictures and part numbers...mine is a 2011 with an auto trans.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
310 Posts
I sent my question to Rugged Ridge and their response is they do not make the floor mats that fit with a manual transmission. So sorry to hear that.... :(

·
Registered
523 Posts
I sent my question to Rugged Ridge and their response is they do not make the floor mats that fit with a manual transmission. So sorry to hear that.... :(
I'm running the RR in my 6MT. They still work well and would not hesitate to buy them again.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts