Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
I like the Toyota ones myself.
The original 2007-2010 FJC All weather floor mats are the best - had the Husky's, liked them - but no where near the old all weather mats. The new mats 2011-2014 are too thin, unlike the old ones that had depth to catch the rocks and water/ice/snow!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have Husky's and they are just okay, nothing great, but decent. They are light and cheap plastic feeling in my opinion, but fit well and look okay. I would rather have the RR's as they look like they are much more substantial.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My Weathertech mats arrived yesterday. I was stunned. UPS ahead of schedule???
Installed them this morning. Perfect fit, and they work with the original hooks, though they come with new snap-in hooks.

These are from Weathertech.ca, the Canadian supplier. They are automatic only as well according to the website. Not sure how different the manual is but if they say automatic only they probably won't fit the manual.

They are expensive. I had the Toyota mats and a puddle of water under them. The Toyota mats are fine for mud and gravel but not so much for melting snow.

I knew I had to remove a lot of water before installing them, but it turned out I didn't need the towel I took to the carwash (where I installed them). I just swept out the ice. :) So that should tell you how well the Toyota mats work. The FJ always smelled like wet felt (because the felt under the rubber was always wet). The Weathertech mats hold up to an inch or so of water. No more wet floor!

So now I can give my feet a bath while I drive. Once the ice melts. ;)

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
The Weathertech mats don't slide anywhere. Even without the clips, which they use, they couldn't slide around as the floor is a deep pan and they are form fitted.

When I installed them I didn't slide the seat back and managed to trap the accel. pedal under the drivers side. It was dark down there and I didn't notice, AND I -didn't- read the instructions first, wherein they say DO check the accel. pedal. Hey, I'm a guy. Instructions are for others.

So when I started the FJ I did a high rev. test. ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the Husky Liners and like them because they contain melting snow and they are easy to clean. The Rugged Ridge look like they would be hard to clean around all those ridges.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably a dumb question... but does the FJ really even need floor-mats? I took mine out, mostly because when I bought the truck used it had mats that weren't OEM and didn't snap into place, so they were more of an annoyance than anything... I've just been opening all the doors, blowing dirt out with a leaf blower, then rinsing the floorboard with a hose, (carefully). I'm not even kidding.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Probably a dumb question... but does the FJ really even need floor-mats? I took mine out, mostly because when I bought the truck used it had mats that weren't OEM and didn't snap into place, so they were more of an annoyance than anything... I've just been opening all the doors, blowing dirt out with a leaf blower, then rinsing the floorboard with a hose, (carefully). I'm not even kidding.
That really isn't a good idea. There is padding under the plastic floor that could start growing mold as well as wiring and vents under the seats.

I cringe every time I've heard a Toyota sales person or online review video say that you can just hose out the interior of our FJ's. So misinformed.
The interior is rugged and easy to clean, but not meant to have a hose brought inside the car.

I know people that don't use mats and like it that way. But clean up with a vacuum and damp rags.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
That really isn't a good idea. There is padding under the plastic floor that could start growing mold as well as wiring and vents under the seats.

I cringe every time I've heard a Toyota sales person or online review video say that you can just hose out the interior of our FJ's.
Good to know! Yep, the first time I saw one at a dealer the sales guy said it could be hosed out. Guess I'll switch to the wet rag from here on out.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
29 Posts
I have Husky on my FJ and WetherTech on my other car.
Both nice but Husky design look like original FJ Cruiser floor.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts