Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off let me say that I am very new to this site. I just bought my FJ in Nov 07. I am wanting to put Very good very bright off road lights on the top of the FJ and was hoping to get some input on what was the best to go with.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
To start off let me say that I am very new to this site. I just bought my FJ in Nov 07. I am wanting to put Very good very bright off road lights on the top of the FJ and was hoping to get some input on what was the best to go with.
I would first start off reading this. Bill (Dragon) put this together for members wanting to understand off-road lights. Once you figured what type you want then look around at the mfg.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/fj-cruiser-technical-articles/41011-off-road-lights-comparisons-usage.html

I myself went with the IPF's, but their are many good off-road lights out there. Good luck :)

PS Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I really like the Lightforce Lights from www.sierraexpedtions.com and I am planning to switch out from my PIAA's to Lightforce.
Polycarb, lightwgt, changeable lens lot of cool features at a good price

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I really like the Lightforce Lights from www.sierraexpedtions.com and I am planning to switch out from my PIAA's to Lightforce.
That link seems to be broken....I like the lightforce Lights as well.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I agree, LightForce light are something else. I have IPF, but envy Duc Hunter's lights he got from LightForce for is 4Runner (pictured right be hind me).
This link will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about LightForce lighting.
http://www.lightforceusa.com/images/dlmay2005webversion.pdf

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
250 a piece....good price?????

I need a new job.....

I'll burn up 8 sets before I spend enough to buy ONE of those....and it comes without a wiring harness????

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
In all honesty the best lights for off road are Holder They are fricken sweet but lots of $$$

Here is a review of them.

if you want something a little less expensive I like the LightForce 240 HID

Really it all depends on what you want to spend, cause you can spend a lot of money on lights.

·
Banned
463 Posts
I have a set of Piaa 520s mounted on my brush guard and they're exceptionally bright and really help to light up the trees and sides of the road when it's dark :D.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my experience the best offroaad lights are inexpensive ones, they were always eating road debris on all of my jeeps. I haven't even started considering them for the FJ yet as they are a bit down the list right now but when I do they will be cheap as I actually use them and seldom have the covers on them to protect them from flying stones and I can't imagine having to replace an expensive light a couple of times a year.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i have a pair of cibie supper oscars on the outside of the roof rack (pencil beams) a pair of piaa's in the middle of roof rack (euro beam)...and on the front bumper i have a pair of piaa fogs.....i really like the cibies....they are old school... just like me....but you can get them in fog-euro-pencil beams....they are well made....heavy sodalime glass lens.....quality construction......but i have a friend who has some lightfroce 240 blitz....sweeeet....you will have to look at your budget....what kind of light do you want???? fog???pencilbeam???? etc........RR

·
Registered
493 Posts
Costco sells the IPF lights. less than 100 bux delivered. This is the light ARB recommends. Not fancy, but they kick out the light and if they break, no big deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts